questions about lift and tires

swichez

ok guys i have a 96 jgc and if i was to put a 2 in lift on it would i be able to run 31in tires and will i need to change shocks with a 2in lift and if you know of a inexpenive but good quality all terrain tire let me know im just kinda brosing at the moment appreciate it guys

i have an 89 and i put 31s on mine with stock suspension and it worked just fine, except i had to shave a little of one of the rear fender flares cause it was scrubbin haha but i recently put a 2.5'' lift on it an it looks great now. you will need to change your shocks eventually, which is what im planning to do, but your stock ones should be just fine.

I have stock suspensions on my '97 Grand Cherokee and have 31" tires. They rub when I go off-road, but around town and on the freeway they are fine. Are you doing a 2" suspension or body lift? I have not read about the suspension, but with the budget body lift you do not have to change shocks although it is recommended. Also if you lift over 3" you will need a transfer case drop kit. I saw one of the kits with 4 - 2.25" pucks and 4 shocks starting at $220-ish.
http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1210
I think it is worth doing. As for tires, I wouldn't go cheap, but you don't have to get top of the line. I like the BFGoodrich All-terrains, but I am looking at getting a set of Falken High Country A/T's when I get the money. My suggestion is search Google for tire reviews and make your decision that way.

I have a 2" BB lift that came with shocks for $200 from

rustysoffroad.com

I had 33's on but there was a little to much rubbing, i just put my 31" BFG All terrain's and i love them, the 2" lift and the 31's makes it look pretty sweet.

Back