Project vs Pre-made

vavs

Hey guys,

Do you think it would be better to build up a YJ, or to try and find one that already has the time and money invested into it? I would like to hear you opinions.

Vavs[addsig]

Build or Buy, For me not being a wrench head I will have to buy parts and labor so there I would be better off buying a premade Project Jeep. I know you could never recoup the cost of a project jeep, and there are some very nice ones here in my area that Daddy put the bill for Jr. to fix up. Now when Jr. wants a Jap Crap ride I know I could buy a premade Jeep cheap. This is a harder question than I first thought, I say buy a really nice Project Jeep then add and or take away as needed. I know that was a bunch of word with no real answer. Sorry Tug[addsig]

It depends on your own mechanical ability. If you can handle doing the work, build it and they will come. Sorry, i know that was a bad one. If your ability are limited to changing oil or less, buy it. I would prefer to build my own, that way I know EXACTLY what is in it, what was done, and know it was done right.[addsig]

Thanks for the advice. I have some mechanical ability, and what I don't know how to do I could have friends help me with. I think that the feeling of knowing that you did it and it was done right would be very rewarding. Plus, I'm not rich so if I do it myself I will be able to buy parts as I get money, instead of getting a loan to buy a new Jeep. Thanks again for all the help.

vavs[addsig]

I agree...it's great to make an adjustment, or install an add on, and take her out to the woods. Then you can experiance what you've created with your own two hands !!! Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back