Problem in the cap radiator

aziz

Hello everyone , such as what you can see in the title , i use a red cap 18 lbs , i will show you my cap in this picture

jeepksae99ae67254-1.jpg

jeepksa8816e0f45a-1.jpg

is 18 lbs suitable or not ? the problem lies in the pressure in the Upper hose when i start engine and moving several kilometers ,This pressure caused by leaking of the gasket thermostat

thanks ..

If it's right where the thermostat is then it's prob a blown gasket and not a pressure problem. Plus, you should have a resivor that will relive most of the pressure. If that is not there, then you need to find a radiator with one, that would be your second possible solution.

is there a red caps for other different cars like motor craft or ACDelco can i use it ? because the red cap i need like that

jeepksa3e1fcd2fef-1.jpg

is not available here at the local agent, so I need other cap have the same code like A6 - 52079799-AA

thanks alot

Without knowing what kind of vehicle you are driving, it's hard to get too specific.
18# is the correct cap for a Wrangler. If the coolant is blowing out of a gasket on the thermostat, replace the gasket.

You need the added pressure on the cooling system to raise the boiling point. Without it, you will boil over.

For more info on the cap and cooling system, go to HappyTrails4wd.com and check out the article Radiator Caps under the
topic Cooling systems. It explains this whole system.

Without knowing what kind of vehicle you are driving, it's hard to get too specific.
18# is the correct cap for a Wrangler. If the coolant is blowing out of a gasket on the thermostat, replace the gasket.

You need the added pressure on the cooling system to raise the boiling point. Without it, you will boil over.

For a much better article on the whole cooling system and how it works, go to HappyTrails4wd.com and look at the article Radiator Caps.

Back