Pontiac Fiero

I do like these cars, but don't have one myself. I do, however, know a guy who has has many of them, and would probably know how to do it. He used to make his own kits to turn them into fake Ferrari's, until Ferrari said that he had to stop or they would sew him!! The web-site of his company is central-autobody.com Just send him an e-mail, i'm sure he would be willing to answer any questions you have about the cars. His name is Ed Hubbs.

I like the gt models. There is a guy, and I can't recall his name, but I guess he is pretty famous (his name is like fiero steve or something) But... He specializes in stuffing V8's and twin turbo 3.8's into these little cars!

62-63 J2000 Tailgate

my roommate had one that he was going to throw a 350 in untill the landloard started freaking out about unregistered vehicles and car parts on the property. i'll ask him. he should be able to tell you what's up.

This is great

Fiero's are great, they always seemed to get the uncool factor for some reason. But what a great car - it was way ahead of its time. Dont know about the clutch but Good Luck!

ive seen a couple with 4.6 Northstar Caddy engines in them.... the one was knocking down low 12's, the other had a small shot of NOS and getting into the 11's...

But i dont knw anything about the clutches

Nathan

I've bled the clutch on a 1986 fiero se v6 (the car before the Vette), and i found it to be quite simple. On the top of the slave cylinder there is a tit, just like on the brakes. Loosen the tit about 2 turns, press the clutch down, tighten the tit, then let go of the clutch pedal. Repeat this process severavl times, checking level frquently. The first time i did this i had to get another slave cylinder, which brings me to another point, do not overtighten the tit. I had to get a new slave cylinder, which was cast instead of rolled. worked the same, all that matters. i still have the haynes manual, never used it much, i'll check it tonight to make sure i'm right, but that's how i did it and the clutch felt great. good luck.

that's my roommate there. took a while to get to it.

Back