Pictures

88Wrangles

RE: WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so there's one thing that I always have trouble with when it comes to pictures online. Lets say someone posts one, and I want to save it in my computer, so then I can re-post it, edit it, and play with it. Whenever I try and save it in a file (I have Windows XP), I can never open it again. I try with Adobe Photoshop and all kinds of programs like that, but it never works 90% of the time....it just says it can't open that file type, but it even says that with JPEG images and all the other big ones :shock: .

So someone want to explain to me how it works...or if anything I just said even makes sence :lol:

Thanks!!

meyers plow frame for YJ

Is it possible you installed a program that made itself the default image program?

If so, have you tried to right click a picture, then click "Choose program" then choose the "Windows picture and fax viewer"? Don't forget to make it the default program by checking the "always use this program" box.

Have you updated Windows lately?

I have updated Windows recently, and with some pictures I try all sorts of programs to open it, and it still does not work.

I'll keep playing with that for a while and see if I can get anywhere.

if you have troubles saving the picture use the "print screen" button then go a head and cut out the image you want (which you can do in the basic computer program)

antsinmypants said:
if you have troubles saving the picture use the "print screen" button then go a head and cut out the image you want (which you can do in the basic computer program)

How's that work? Don't you push some other buttom with the "print screen" button?

RE: New York Traffic

nope just hit the print screan button then open up most any pic editor and ctrl+v or edit paste (its the same)

I assume you are using Adobe Photoshop. If you are try this, after you are done altering the images, before you go to "save as" jpeg, go to LAYERS and FLATTEN IMAGE. This will flatten all the layers down to one and combinig everything with the background. I also recomend if it is a B&W image, go to IMAGE then MODE, and convert it to B&W. Then go to FILE, SAVE AS COPY, and select your Jpeg file format.

Let me know if this works.

Joop

Well, My main problem is with getting the pictures off the internet in the first place.

Like lets say I wanted to take the picture from your sig. and put it in my computer so I can alter it or play around with it. When I try to open the saved picture with ANY program, including Photoshop, it just says it can't read the image...or something like that, so it won't open it.

But then again, sometimes it will work. It's like if I try enough times, it will eventually show up and I can get it to save, and be able to see it. It's probably something really obvious that I'm messing up on, but I don't have a clue!!

RE: 1979 jeep cj question

Well how are you saving it? Are you right clicking the pic, and then using the "save image as" function?

Are you using IE or Firefox?

Dude, clean out your cookies and temp files, specifically your temp files. Many people don't clean those out often enough and they mess up your trying to save an image off the net. Do a good disk cleanup or clean up program and then try to save your images by right clicking and choosing "save as".

Lady

Lady, I clean ALL that stuff up daily. So that should not be the problem.

Mingez, just the old "save image (or picture) as" is what I'm doing.

I just take it and drag the pic to a folder of mine.

BUT, then you're going to need a host. I use FotoTime and you can use a small amount of space free.

Back