Painting TJ Fender Flares

SHNIPE

Jaber

Painted my flares last week. Posted this on several other boards and got a lot of questions.
I used Krylon Fusion black. Washed the flares with dish soap and HOT water. Then just taped it off. Loosened a couple screws to allow the tape to go behind the flare for a clean line. Then made about 5 coats of paint. came out PERFECT! Also did the gas housing and the license plate holder.
Yes there are pics....
Faded
image-missing.png

Fusioned
image-missing.png

Tested :D
image-missing.png

Rubbed them good as you can see in the last pic. No chipping no rubbing off. Still looks like i just painted them minus the dirt.

you can also do the same sort of thing if you use a heat gun you melt them and they turn black i am gonna do that as soon as i get off my ass

Hey thanks for the link phatyaspen. Plan to do the task this week. Will let u know how it turns out.

ya man let me know how it turns out...how you do it and that stuff lemme know how it turns out show us some pics

Don't go to the well too many times, though. I did the heat gun trick then the flares faded and hit them again and the whole process one more time. Now my flares will not even polish up with ArmorAll. It sucked all of the oils out of the flares and now they are becoming brittle and a pasty color. I like pasties but not on my TJ.

Jason

breaking problem in my tj

if it helps any. with the paint on there they almost look wet all the time. (except when dirty) I thought about the heat gun but wanted something that would be easier to do once i had to re-do it. A friend of mine did his with heat and though they looked ok he said he was going to paint them after seeing how mine turned out. just my $.02 to go along with jeeper....

Back