Overhead jeep racks

WesternStar

I'm writing out of Alberta, Canada...anyone else out there?! Just a quick question about jeep cargo racks. As most of you probably experience, there's not a lot of room in a TJ when it comes to camping gear and four people! I was looking at a rack that mounted to the front shield frame and rear bumper of a TJ. This way it's possible to use the rack with or without a top. Makes sense. Anybody know of anything like this on the market today? I've found a couple that range anywhere from four hundred bones to a thousand so I'm guessing there are a wide range of racks! Any info would be great! Thanks!
PS I also have a Thule cargo box, so if there is anything that is compatible with that for the snowboards in the winter...awesome! :cool: [addsig]

I have been wondering about it lately too. But I dont have any kind of rack on the jeep yet. SO I was wondering which one is better. But I know it would be fine to have that rack to be on there while the top is off. LIke the congo cage is fine without the top off.... I would think most of the tops are fine with the top is off...BUt if you wanted to have the rack on there while you remove the top and needed to put it back on I would suggest the Wilderness Expediton rack..... I have looked around but I dont know which rack is better or worse than the next one. But I was wondering what kind of rack would be good for snowboards. Or is there a rack you could get just for snowboards?

yeah im so confused on this topic.....

steve[addsig]

It is away down on my list of Jeep wants but it is on there. They all have the pros and cons. I want to get one some day way down the road that is ez to set up and take down so it can be what you want it to be when you want it. As for a specility rack for say a snow board that is nice but a unit that prefoms many task would be a better spent dollar in my book. I like the idea of the spare tire going on top out of the way along with a high lift jack, axe, shovel, and what ever else I might need. I would not mind a small half rack to fit on the rear of my targa top full time. All I know is it sure would be a handy gadget. Tug[addsig]

Back