older sites

UMAPINEJEEPER

does anyone know of other sites like this for older jeeps my 5 jeeps run from 1943 to 1966 dont get me wrong this is a great site but i feel its to new for me[addsig]

i doubt it dude... try jeepaholics board, but i doubt there's enough jeep enthusiasts out there workin' on those jeeps, they're mainly just collected and restored...[addsig]

nice to see another willys owner. there is a dauntless v-6 website i use to have but havent been able to find it for awhile. its nothing but the old jeeps. it would be nice to find a site that just had older modified jeeps. you know, ones with sbc,s and sbf,s along with v-6s. seems like most of the sites today are for the tj, yj, and so on. i recently joined four wheel drive club in my area and thought there would be alot of old jeeps, wrong, they are 90,s and up. there is a 80,s and a 78 then my old 55. they think 80 is old. one thing the older jeeps have over the newer ones is the V-8, stock with a V-8 or modified with one. and it seems the newer jeeps arent half as strong as the older ones. i guess thats because they figure that most people today are buying them just to impress there friends. oh they might drive them down to the beach, after airing there tires down to 30 psi, or go down a dirt road. to me a real jeep must say WILLYS.[addsig]

try not to get too high on your horse pops, there are plenty o yj's and tj's out there that are equally or more capable then a willys anywhere you take them...the reason newer jeeps are more popular is its already a big job to mod up a jeep, but if you have to mod it and do a frame up restoration you're talking alota work and alota $$$.[addsig]

I think it's pretty funny how you disrespect newer Jeeps and then throw in CJ stuff. You have a rough and tough Willys?.....Well what's with the yellow paintjob and the, dare I say it, BRA?!?! It's also pretty funny how you have that 2002 Mercedes pump in there. Why not use Willys parts? They're obviously better than the newer Jeep parts. I know many new Jeeps that could take you any day in any obstacle. Oh, and those old V8s don't really have as much power as you think. the 4.0s have a ton of power compared to their old 8 cyl. counterparts. You better keep all of those smilies on because you'll need all you can get if you ever roll by my town. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Where are you from 55 looks like you got PA plates. And I'll put my out of the box TJ up against a similer anything any day
image-missing.png
lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

dont fool yourself, the club im in has 95% newer jeeps, and they all wish they had a V-8. the biggest baddest jeep, owned by a little old lady, is a 77 cj-7. shes got some where near $80,000 in it. i understand, you dont have the money to build a real jeep, you have to go to the bank and get a loan. the bank isnt going to loan on any vech. without a bluebook, so your stuck with your yj,s and ty,s. it takes money, and hard work, to built a real [willys] jeep. you have to buy the jeep and everything for it with cash. hard to do on $15.00 per hour your making, or should i say, would like to be making, i dont think autozone pays that much. and believe me, if your were out here in arizona i would take you on a real four wheel drive run, ofcourse you would have to ride with me, id get tried of straping you up and over the trails. i have to admit though, the old folks in the jeep clubs sure like the newer jeeps. there old bones just wont take the rough ride of a real jeep. but if any of you make it out here maybe we can go four wheeling for pinks. the last real jeep rolled off the line in the mid 80,s. well i let you all get back to mud bogging. P.S. what i say i say in fun, so dont take it to hard.[addsig]

thers a site called [early cj5.com] they deal mostly with the early dauntless v-6, which i think is the best setup for an older jeep, or any jeep, except the newer ones, they wouldnt take that much power and hold up.[addsig]

Hoooo boy....got another one of those "old jeeps are the only jeeps" guys eh? Well the way I see it your jeep is what YOU make it. It doesn't matter if its old or new...its a jeep. The funny thing about jeeps is...the more work you do....the less "jeep" it really becomes. Sir I think your 55 willys is very badass but just how much of it is original "willys" equipment. I know the engine is not nor the suspension or tires or probably the transmission too for that matter. The fact is is its not the company whether it be Willys or AMC or Chrysler or whoever that makes it the jeep, its us as OWNERS who really makes the badass rockcrawling, mudbogging, trailrunning machines that we drive. It all boils down to the "my jeep is better than yours" arguement...lets just grow up a little shall we? My two cents.[addsig]

i did not mean to to start a bar fight guys lol we are all here to learn something and share something and have a good time not to show are peacock feathers

good luck and have fun i know i am[addsig]

Back