Oh it's a sickness alright!

TwistedCU

Tug-n-pull said:
Thought Maybe just Maybe an XJ but who was I kidding what was I thinking. Jeeeze this is a sickness this jeep thing. tug

OK you guys sold me! Tug I regret getting rid of my YJ so badly. My new XJ is nice, but everytime I pass a CJ or Wrangler I feel sick. I even tried to buy it back to no avail. I find myself kicking around different ways of modding my XJ - from a Budget Boost 2" lift with 30 or 31's to a 4 1/2" flexy-type lift with 32's or narrow 33's. Truth is that it wont be what I really want so I may just do the BB w/ 30's or just leave it stock. That way I could still afford a YJ. I miss having a YJ. I need a YJ. I will have another YJ. I thought maybe an old fixer-upper CJ but I'm just going to learn from others (You and Junkpile mostly) and get back to the square headlit SWB Jeep that I love. This time I won't have to drive it 55+ miles to work and I'll be able to wheel it without regard to damage and I can let my son have his way and paint it anyway he wants (probably camo). I can't freakin' wait.

:cry: What was I thinking :cry:
ByeWhitey-3.jpg

hey buddy, if you really want one, mines for sale and about to go on ebay tonight.

image-missing.png

Sickness. No doubt. I was a perfectly good hotrodder until I went for that first ride in my buddy's 85 CJ8. I was hooked. A whole childhood and teenage life of dreaming of banging gears and laying rubber at the dragstrip suddenly and uncontrollably muddled up with visions of mud and big ol tire cleats.

Don't get me wrong about the CJs, I think every jeeper should appreciate all Jeeps. A CJ was my first and a CJ will probably be my last. I just dig the YJ, I've only had one but it was my favorite Jeep out of all that I have owned. Once I start looking it will basically depend on what I find first, either a YJ or a CJ8. I want another trail Jeep. The CJ I have now is a hotrod. On the road I can pick on most cars and it flies through the mud, but a samurai with a missing sparkplug wire could beat me through a tight trail.

Junkpile said:
The CJ I have now is a hotrod. On the road I can pick on most cars and it flies through the mud, but a samurai with a missing sparkplug wire could beat me through a tight trail.
Good one :lol: Good to know your limitations.

I've had two YJ's now, and wouldn't be without one if I could help it. I've owned an XJ and hopefully soon a MJ, but won't be getting rid of my YJ.

I know the feeling TC. same situation here, Come on we can go cry about it together :cry:
And what was I thinking?????
image-missing.png

It makes me sick to even upload these pics, She was my best friend!!!!!!!!

It's a YJ thing many just don't understand. While back I was ask what make you love the YJ thing so much by Gadget. Well it has to do with personal preference I think. There are poits that the CJ will score that the YJ never can. The TJ has a few thigs that over shadow the YJ (very few I might add on eith account) But the YJ is the perfect combo of old school and moderen in my book. They have a tough ora about them. Their stance is more solid looking and feeling to me. The shape of the front end is all Jeep and it still has just enough creature comforts to make it fun. It's not a list of thinggs that you can compare and place it as the Jeep. It is just all in what you like and want in a Jeep. I am a YJ Jeep person just like I am a Auctioneer. It is what I like and what I do. Tug

i'll never give up my square headlights and leaf springs.
the things totaled in my yard and i'm not giving it up. i don't care how much the landloard threatens.

i'm without a driveable jeep at the moment and am considering getting another yj while the current one goes under construction (even tho my current vehicle has no problems, leaks no fluids, and only cost me a grand).

Square lights rock! Never going to give up on mine, and will never part with it.

Hey Tug, I'm throwing you a life preserver here. hehehe

read the thread!!!

I know, I'm a little too persistant at times.

(Sorry PurpleYJgirl for opening the old wound)

Im was being so pacient TC, and now................ Ok no its not your fault I see that purple thing everywhere I go. (word of advice: never sell you jeep locally, actually never sell your jeep period)
seriously I keep telling myself, the money is coming Ill be back in a wrangler soon. But Few days ago I took my friends 04" tj for a ride and I think I may just go insane...........well enough of my whinning.........

REVOLVER SHACKLES ebay

Hey Christine, (Purple) I'm off all next week, will be Jeepin' everyday out on Nauset, meet me in the parking lot and I'll let you drive for some wheelin' behind square headlights! E-mail me anytime for my number... :D

AT least you guys can go and visit with your past YJ's, My first one is no more!
image-missing.png

I loved that jeep, factory everything, a set of MT's and front locker, that was a blast to wheel!

But after hitting a house after the e-brake let go, she has moved on to a better place, plus most of the parts from that one made it's way into my new one!
image-missing.png

notice the roof racks and grille gaurd

Funny thing about Jeeps. Once you're in one, they're in your blood. I was out at the stealership the other day looking at the new Rubi's. I had to tell the salesgeek all the differences between the Rubi, the plain TJ, and the YJ. He told me he had a friend that would pay what I asked for my YJ, because he wanted "one of those newer Jeeps with the square headlights". Seems the few years they made the square headlights has made them somewhat of a collector's item now. I told him the only way his friend would get my YJ was after he pried my dead, bloated, smiling body out from behind the wheel!

Once you're in one, they're in your blood.

Only true for the real Jeepers.....I work with this guy (mind you I work at a hair salon) That bought a brand new 04' (not the one i drove a few days ago) :wink: TJ about 2 months ago, the top has not been taken off at all, refuses to put bigger tires on, and I heard him refer to it as a CAR!!!!! give me a brake.....Is this guy for real??? I am so glad I didnt sell him miss purple last year, I would have stolen her back by now...........That poor jeep (his TJ) wont he feel very un manly when I park my beefy pink monster next to him in the spring!!!!!!! hehehehe

purpleyjgirl said:
Once you're in one, they're in your blood.

Only true for the real Jeepers.....I work with this guy (mind you I work at a hair salon) That bought a brand new 04' (not the one i drove a few days ago) :wink: TJ about 2 months ago, the top has not been taken off at all, refuses to put bigger tires on, and I heard him refer to it as a CAR!!!!! give me a brake.....Is this guy for real??? I am so glad I didnt sell him miss purple last year, I would have stolen her back by now...........That poor jeep (his TJ) wont he feel very un manly when I park my beefy pink monster next to him in the spring!!!!!!! hehehehe

Well, come on, purp.....re-read that part about the "guy" that works in a hair salon! :shock: I think that explains a lot, don't you? :lol:

Back