Offroad prep/maintance?

ZBTstang

After the huge blizzard last month I took my first real oppurtunity to take the jeep off road. We had quite a blast bombing around in the snow and doing things that looked impossible. Well the next day I get on the highway to go to class and the jeep went nuts, shaking, etc. The whole underbody and wheelwells of my jeep were frozen and filled with slush and ice.
So basically I was scared after all that, being new to offroading, I thought my jeep was in peril. It still runs a little off.
Is there anything I should do before/after I take a jeep offroad? Should I always make sure I have an alignment afterwards, make sure certain things are all set before I go messing around? [addsig]

Hit a good car wash and clean after you play. Hot water will freez on there sure but it will not be thick and uneven like the slush and snow build up. Can put your wheels out of balance rather to the extrem. Hope that this helps. As far as off road prep your jeep was born for off road. tug[addsig]

i try not to go offroading with out a friend (in another car) and a tow strap. that way we can pull eachother out if necessary. also bring important stuff like a cell phone, tools, first aid kit, etc...[addsig]

All I have to say is CB Radio or scanner, My jeep is stock height, stock axles, and gets stuck when I push it to the max. You will need the book of codes for the scanner, but you will be able to contact and emergency vehicle for miles![addsig]

I always have a small tool box with all the basics. Hammer, wrenches, screwdrivers, elect & duct tape, spare tire w/air in it :lol: , qt of oil, gallon of water, jack w/a flat board for uneven or soft surfaces, tow strap and cell phone. You never can tell when you'll need to make unexpected repairs in the middle of nowhere...................Bullet[addsig]

Back