Off topic, what I have been up to this winter!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Cause it was such a cold winter, I was unable to get a lot of things done to my jeep so I spent time in the garage working on some custom touches on my bike. (jeep doesn't fit in the garage)

image-missing.png

I mounted my plate on this bracket I made up out of some spare cold rolled steel I had hanging around from a previous project. I sent it to my powder coater who coated it a mat-flat black to match the swing arm so it kinda blends in. Unfortunatly when I took the old plate bracket off, I had not place to put the directionals so here is what I did.

image-missing.png

I went to radio shack and picked up some 12 volt LED's, drilled two small holes into the rear passanger peg brackets and eppoxied the LED's in. then just wired them to the original directional circut. I think they look pretty cool! plus they are legal which my last set up wasn't!

Nice! Though I like when things are illegal, I always look for the little asterisk next to the part *not inteded for on road use.
I wish I had a garage to work in... I've been using the one here at work, its big but limited access... Lookin good

She bangs, she bangs! LOL that guy is so funny! "I have no singing lessons."

Get some pics of those things lit up in the dark!Nice work.

Yeah dude, pics man. I have been REALLY getting into bikes lately. Looks like a tricked set up.

Accually the only thing illegal is the fact that there are no lights on the plate. Other than that everything is legal here in massachusetts. I had to order a set of the plate bolts that double as lights. $20 from summit, not too bad. Thanks for the kind words! I will try to get some better pics.

Back