OEM Rear Brake Lines

beachjeep

Hi All - I used to come on here all the time and really appreciate all the help over the years. Over the past 2 years I have started boating and launch the boat using my jeep (95 YJ) into the Intercoastal (salt water of course) - I always hose off the brakes, axle, everything very thoroughly but last week my right rear (hard) brake lines busted very close to the drum - I am assuming this is from frequent exposure to the saltwater. It is a pre-bent hard line. I cant seem to find one online they are all flexible stainless(i converted all the rubber hoses to stainless some years ago - does anyone know if Jeep still produces these or am I going to have to make it myself? Any help would be appreciated - I can still get to the ramp just have to limp it over there.

I tore one of those lines up when i was installing my lift. They sell the line at autozone and a little tool that bends it for you. I think it was really cheap. I just followed the same line the old one took and kept it as close to the axle as possible, might have made one minor change to keep it out of harms way on the trail but i can't remember now.

I will try autozone - does anyone know what diameter the line is?

Tube Size
3/16" Diameter
1/4" Diamter
5/16" Diameter
3/8" Diameter

I found this: http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jeep_oem_replacement_parts/brake/yj_brake.php

Go down to 31 or 31A, I think thats what you're looking for but I'm not sure.

Try calling the dealer?

31 is all of the "soft" lines (one for the front left, one for front right, and one for the rear axle)

31A is ALL hard brake lines... those that run along the chassis and on the rear axle. I purchased 31A for my '93 YJ.

The piece that BeachJeep is looking for is included in the 31A kit, but so is the rest of the hard brake line system. Go for AutoZone or any of the other auto parts stores. You'll spend less money that way. Just make sure your fittings are on the tube correctly before you flare the ends of the tube. Otherwise you'll be starting over from scratch.

not sure of the diameter but if you can cut a pc. and take it with you matching it up shouldnt be a problem - make sure you get a flaring tool and the connection hdwre if your starting from scratch - also if you cant use the old line for a template - a metal coathanger works great for making a pattern - taking your time and care you shouldnt have any problems

Back