October Baseball !!!!

bchcky said:
so yanks fans, go play with mystique and aura, and then take your 26 world series rings and shove them up your ass

and this is one of the loser redsox fans that gives an otherwise amazing fan base a terrible reputation. (yeah I know there are Yankee loser fans too, just not on this message board) If you want to flame go somewhere else, I doubt anyone wants to hear it.

To all the other redsox/yankees/baseball fans...what an amazing series. This has been a freaking rollar coaster ride for both teams. I think I have almost had a heart attack about 15 times. I cant remember where there has been a series with so many close games...oh wait last year ALCS. Man we are spoiled.

I cant believe schilling came back to pitch as well as he did. I cant stand his personality, he just rubs me the wrong way but man is he a big game pitcher. I think he was a more important pickup, over what A-rod would have been.

Can't Wait For 8pm

jps4jeep said:
I have not really responded to this thread, but I am gonna now! I was, am, will always be a red soxs fan (even during the early 90's when they really sucked) But I have a couple things to say!

1. Fox comentators Suck! I want Rem Dog back!

2. Coming back from a 3-0 loss to tie up and push game 7, first time ever and insane!

3. Pitching last night by Schilling! AWESOME

4. Sometimes when you think it is in the Bag, Guess again

5. and Yankee Fans, that bitter taste of LOSS in your mouth Never goes away!

Game 7 Will be a Nail Biter!

I agree with you that Fox commentators suck. How many times can you show Schilling's sock. Come one now.

As for that bitter taste thing...I guess its hard for Sox fans to understand whats really going on for the Yanks because the redsox dont have a long history of winning anything.

This is a big game no doubt but the Yankees win alot. They are a Championship Franchise even if the redsox go on to win tonight and win the world series its not going to change that the Yankees are the best Franchise in the MLB or any other sport and I seriously doubt that the Yanks are going to fall into a whirlwind of despare and not win another championship for 80-90 years.

Before you get all crazy with your "in your face" stuff remember noone has won the ALCS yet. It could go either way.

The best way to get rid of the bitter taste of defeat is World Series Championship champagne. 26 times over.

Tune in to Radio and turn the TV sound off!!! I thought everybody knew this.

John Miller - the best play by play man ever, and Joe Morgan - one of the best commentators. That guy is full of baseball knowledge.

Try it you will never go back.

AM radio baby. Keeping people informed on truth and sports since the beginning of modern technology :wink:

TC, i've gotta disagree with part of that, i like john miller, but as for joe morgan, i'm not a big fan. plus i think that duo has dropped off in recent years. their broadcast, though i know its national, is too broad, they dont talk about the specific teams too much. just my taste though. i much prefer jerry trupiano and joe castiglione the sox radio broadcasters. but if you're not local, i dont think you could get them.

judge09, sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way, i guess thats just a bit of pent up frustration from 86 years of being man handled by the yankees. i wasnt trying to flame anyone, i enjoy friendly competition and talks as much as anyone, so for you, i retract my statement. hey put it this way, its the top of the 5th right now, sox up 8-1, and i'm still nervous as hell.

but i agree with everyone, this has been a series for the ages.

Wow, you guys are getting so riled up, it's as if Baseball was almost a real sport! Heehehehehee

top 8, 8-3, and i'm nervous as all hell. francona has done a marvelous job during the postseason thus far, but i gotta question the pedro move.....

if the yanks have taught me anything, they're never done, and if the sox have taught me anything, there's no such thing as game over until the last out.....here's to being nervous in boston!

there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse there is no curse, there is no curse, there is no curse, etc.

mud4feet said:
Hey, even the Sox can't blow a 6 run lead in the 9th, can they??????????????????

Ooooooo....yer mean Mud. Hahahahahaa :lol:

oops, I mean a 7 run lead.........and this from a guy who hates baseball (they lost me when the canceled the world series). Go figure. But still............anybody but the Yankees!!!

No more Yankee my Wankee. Donger need food!

Congrats Chowd's!!

judge09 said:
Man I gotta say that Lieber vs. Pedro game was another good one. This series has got it all. Its nice that the Yanks are on the winning end of these games. Pedro clocking in at 96 mph. I dont think he did that this year. He was shooting high 80s low 90s out of spring training. I dont think this series is leaving Boston! Anyone want to change there vote after game 2?
TwistedCopper said:

:wink:

judge09, with all sincerity, congratulations on a great season to the yankees, and thank you to them for never giving up, and making me squirm to the very last out.

and now, congratulations to the f'in red sox!!! simply amazing. i was swaying back and forth for the last 2 innings, couldnt sit still.

and after that i walked down to lansdowne street (the street behind the green monster) and it was complete mayhem. everyone was your best friend, my buddy had his pit bull walking with us in his "big papi" shirt. it was awesome. i'm soooooo happy.

there are no words....

bchcky...no hard feelings I am sure I was just a little edgy with the Yanks having blown a 3-0 series lead. The redsox definitely deserved to win this game and this series. Man their bats came alive tonight. I just hope the yanks wake up and clean house with their terrible starting pitchers. Loiaza, Brown, and Vasquez have to go. I wonder what Pedro and Lowe are doing next year (just kidding). Congrats on Boston getting the big win. Now they have to play World Series part Duex.

Back