Nutter bypass

87WillYJ

RE: Using Disconnects

When doing the Nutter bypass does anyone know how to hook up power if all the old ingnition wires are gone? According the the website (http://keith.cj8.tripod.com/tfi_upgrade.htm) two wires off the ignition module are for power, one says 'ignition switch: hot in start', what would that be hooked up to? Then there is 'ignition switch: hot in start and run', which would that be? I'm completely starting from scratch with the wiring so if you all have any ideas of what the three power wires according to the website need to be hooked up too please let me know.

RE: Horn fix!!

The Difference is the one that says Hot in start is only hot when the ignition ket is turned the whole way. While the engine is cranking. For this you need to tap into the signal wire to the starter solenoid. I crimped a connector on mine and ran it right from the solenoid. The hot in run and start is a wire that is hot as long as the ignition is on the on position. Another one you can tap into is the + wire on the coil. That get power when the key is turned on. Just make sure you make connections solid. I do not like tap or crimp butt connectors. They have the potential to work loose. I prefer to solder anything that I can. Its good insurance.

Back