Nothing really to do with a jeep....

jeepin916

But i just bought an air compressor its a 3 phast daten motor driving an IR 2 piston , setup. it has a 50 gal tank on it but the problem is i dont know how to wire up a 3 phase electrical system to a single phase system to hook into my house electric, can any one help??? thanks all

RE: Four wheel drive not engaging

I am pretty sure you need a transformer. The transformer your house is hooked to splits the power into 2 phases, so you can get 110 and 220 V by using one or both. They are 180 degrees out of phase. I don't think you can wire up a 3 phase without transforming the power source again.

Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

No can do. I don't know how much you bought it for, but you should probably return it or sell it and buy one designed for home use.

RE: Four wheel drive not engaging

hmmm i paid 200 bucks for it so it wasnt that bad considering its a 2000$ compressor.... i guess im gunna have to figure out what to do with it. thanks guys

It can be done , we have a 3 phase lathe in a home garage all u need is a phase converter. It is a box about 1ft x1ft . I dont know anything about them or how much they cost but it can be done.

Back