Noob Water Leaking Problem?

KennyInPA

Hey everybody, my first post, and I got a question/issue. I drive a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. I went away this weekend and when I pulled out of the parking space I saw a puddle. Got out and the puddle was clear liquid which had no smell. Research brought me to brake fluid, but I checked that and the levels are the same. We had some rain overnight but for the most part it's been dry. I used no AC, but I did have the fan on. Every place we stopped the puddle started again, and again it was odorless clear liquid which highly resembled water. I put piece of white paper over it and it stayed clear. The liquid is coming from the front passenger side like right under the glove compartment and where the hood starts. (I'm a car noob too, so bare with me!) The pipe that is coming from the frame like right in front of where the glove compartment is.

Attached are a photo of the pipe in the middle foreground and a picture of the liquid hitting newspaper. Is this just where water usually escapes from? Any other possibilities what it may be? Where it puddled last night was totally evaporated today.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my dumbness on describing!​

Attachments

• DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • DSCN0826.JPG
    DSCN0826.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 164

If it helps I checked the leak with the engine running and where it's dripping from it's hitting and you can hear it singe when it lands. From that point it is leaking down to the ground.

what about defrost? I beleive if the defrost is on it will make the condenser work for the AC....

You are correct! I stopped by my Jeep service department and quizzed them. I always use the defrost setting which what was causing the drainage from the drain tube. Now I know, Thanks!

Back