non-jeep question for you electronics guys

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Re: #1.. That's right... #1

I've been searching the net for a couple of days now, and am no closer to my goal.

I've got these fancy new lights on my fish tank, and I'm trying to put them on timers. Let me describe alittle:

- there is one cord going to the fixture
- inside the fixture are three types of lights / lamps.
- the power comes into the fixture, goes to a bunch of electronics / balasts that I cannot get to (they are kind of sealed). So I can't put timers in before the balasts because I simply can't reach them
- from there, it goes to 3 switches, each of which controls one set of lights.

My problem is that if I plug up a regular lamp switch, it will turn all lights off, and all lights on. I'd like one to be on overnight, and two on in the day.

I'm looking to put a timer in for each light instead of the switchs, but they are not 120V (it's after the balast), and has the standard auto type of push on connectors.

Does anyone know where I can find a timer that uses push on connectors (like car speakers)?

Thanks,
Terry

NOT STARTING (no power to coil) question HELP!!

I'm definitely not an electronics guy, but I do like to play around on the computer. I found this site:

http://www.airotronics.com/product.asp

Don't know if you've seen it, but they have some interesting looking timers (not just the plug-in-the-wall kind).

I was going to suggest any number of Lightscaping sources. Most are 12v lights, and I know that a lot of them run on timers similar to what you're talking about. I've worked with a few at my job that have push-on connectors. I'm not the lightscaping guy, but I've worked with him before, and one property we did an install on had well over 50 different timers to change the way the different lights played across the business and surrounding landscaping features throughout the night.

use a relay. you could control the 120v with a 12v relay. Their is also a three way switch for lighting. it has one hot coming in and two going out it turns one on the other on both on then both off. go to my website and take a look. www.grandbrass.com and put in the keyword sw573. I could show you how to wire it if you email me at sales@grandbrass.com

Back