No start..90 Wangler2.5L

after puting a new connector on that was burnt out from under my relays and replacing the two relays in my jeep.. i still cant hear my fuel pump running.... its brand new and they're no fuses that go to it either.. im assuming one of the two relays go to it... i just dont know.. its been going on 3 months since she started!!

When listening for the fuel pump kicking on are you hearing a buzzing sound that lasts for about 1-2 seconds when you turn the key to the start position not past to where the engine starts turning over? If not, when you replaced the fuel pump were the wires hooked up correctly? Is there Fuel in the tank? Enough for the pump to send?

Is fuel getting to your throttle body? Easy check is to disconect your Fuel supply tube to the TB and turn the key again to just before the engine cranks. Fuel will splurt out if it is working correctly.

Check your crank position sensor again, make sure you didnt crack/break it when reinstalling the transmission. (I did this twice) The magnetic sensor on it needs to be nearly touching the flywheel.
An easy check to see if the Distributor is spinning is just take the cap off and crank the engine. If it spins it is working. (yey mechanical) As for timing if you havnt messed with it it shouldnt need adjusting.

Firing order is 1-3-4-2.
Back to front pistons are 4-3-2-1
Distributor positions are:
1 is at the 4oclock position
2 is at the 1oclock
3 is at the 7oclock
4 is at the 9oclock
The wiring positions is where i messed up early this year with a simular problem to what you have.

Sounds like you have replaced nearly everything electrical. Wire, plugs, ignition coil/coil modulator, distributor and ecm. The ECM that you had installed is plug and play. With the simular problem I was having talked to a mechanic buddy and he said to recheck my wiring from the distributor to the plugs. Then pull a plug from the engine with it still attatched to the wire (I did number 1) and crank the engine for a couple seconds. Some how that fired it up for me.

Best of luck to you,

Bacon

Firing order is 1-3-4-2.
Back to front pistons are 4-3-2-1
Distributor positions are:
1 is at the 4oclock position
2 is at the 1oclock
3 is at the 7oclock
4 is at the 9oclock

And by 4 is at the 9oclock, you mean 10oclock, right?

Back