Next wrangler

Jeepster05

My uncle who is recently a former jeeper now a stang man talked to a jeep salesman about when the next wrangler will come out and he said it will be in 2006. anyone know anything about it, name, look anything??? The salesman said something like it will look a little like a liberty in the front ewwwwwww. :-( I'm looking forward to seeing what they cook up.[addsig]

hey.... as longs as it doesnt go pos ifs i will be fine w/ the facelift.... but does D-C really want to happen when chrysler went from round to square..... and then back to round :-D [addsig]

I think the big DC has enough foresight to keep the Jeep a Jeep in its orgianl shape and form for the most part. However the change will come and it will not be met by smiles and giggles. It will be hard but there are still a few of us that just now got used to the square headlights thing and now can not get use to the plushness of the TJ's. It will always be something. Tug[addsig]

You know the old saying: When you have a good cookie, don't go changing the mix..

I think they know they have a good thing and would only try and make it even more of a offroad ready machine. i like the idea of the rubicon, but it would have more flexability, better lights, winch and so forth.. I think they could sell to a more direct market if they would just go for it.. but it will be nice to see what they" Jeep" comes up with..

hope you all had a great 4th, and God Bless our troops, may they be in all our prayers...

OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

I heard (and you cant quote me if im wrong) That the new wrangler 2006 is not going to be a full convertable. The doors wont come off. Thats just what I heard, I hope its not true. :-( [addsig]

Well even if the doors dont come off it will still be a full convertible. And just b/c they say the doors dont come off dosent mean they wont. I know a bunch of XJs that run w/ their doors off, I think it looks gay, and i know those aint suppose to come off. In fact i dont think there is anything in the owners manual for TJs telling you that it is ok to remove the doors, I lost mine a while back so i may be wrong. I dont think DC will be reatarted enough to go IFS. I know they have to see all us on the Jeep boards bitchin about it and we are most of their customers, I have some new respect for DC since they authorized the Rubicon for sale. When you think of it there arent too many companies that would have the balls to sell such an awesome package right off the lot. I mean Chevy makes Z71s but all that is is some shocks and a LS in the back, and fords FX4 is the same way. At least the TRDs have real lockers but it still aint no Rubicon. I wouldnt worry about the new '06 model im sure it wont look that much different and well be seein some people wheelin them and on this board.[addsig]

Chevy makes Z71s but all that is is some shocks and a LS in the back

Z71s dont have a LS, it is an option but not std w/ Z71 pgk.....mine doesnt have one :-( [addsig]

Here's a link to a pic that "they"(Auto makesrs and such) are touting as the "New Jeep"

Page title: Next Jeep

Oh yeah..btw...don't belive everything you read lol..They will change things a hundred times and end up with something close to the original.
Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jul 08, 2003 - 11:50 AM[addsig]

that looks more like a change to a liberty than to a wrangler
[addsig]

The Dakar was a concept back in 97 that did in fact lead to the design of the liberty but was built off the TJ platform and frame instead of unibody construction.

As for Z71, like the ZR2 package on the pickups and blazers, It does add some styling cues (fender flares, color matched trim) but the girth of the package is heavey duty transmission cooler, bilstien shocks, extra spring in the read, bigger coils up front, upgraded axels in a HD 12 bolt designed for the 2500 and a bunch of skidplates not available on the regular truck. This is all pre 99, I an not sure exactly what the Z71 is for the newer pickups.

Johnny[addsig]

I was just thinking how could that be the new jeep. I have been seeing the Dakar being thrown around for a while and it looks just like all the other TJs except the permanent hard top and extra door. I just have my doubts that that will take over the TJs spot. Then again I said the same thing about the liberty a couple years back so who knows.[addsig]

My friends Z71 has a limited slip in the rear. I have seen it kickin in while he was stuck in a mud pit a couple weeks back. Also i know another friend had a '99 Z71 and destroyed his LS and had to have it rebuilt so i know some come w/ one.[addsig]

That's why I can still buy old ones nobody
wants anymore...I DON'T LIKE CHANGE...
:-D [addsig]

Just my two cents. That jeep concept is nasty ugly. It does look like a land rover. I'll take my TJ anyday. One month old tomorrow!!!! :lol: :roll: :-O [addsig]

holy jebus, if they ever make wranglers look like that. They cant possible change the short wheelbase concept, that wat makes a wrangler so prostyle. . . . what would they do, come out with a new style with a short wheel base . . ???? :-? :-? :-? [addsig]

Back