New wrenching injury!

GaryMB

I don't think it's that bad, but it's definately a new one for me. So I finally got around to hacking into the fenders on my cj with a sawzal, and as I was holding the fender right next to where I was cutting it to keep it from shaking and the sawzal was bouncing back and forth furiously...JK, the sawzal part went fine. Afterwards, though, I took a grinder to it to even up the fenders. I was using the grinder to cut off a small (maybe 1") piece of metal and, being the genius that I am, tried to grab the glowing-red fragment to pull it completely off. To my surprise it sunk (burned/cut) right through the glove and into my finger. Well, there was no blood coming out of the glove, so I kept on grinding. A couple minutes later it started to feel sort of burned, so I took off the glove (it's denim coated with some sort of rubber), and, behold, found a gaping hole in my finger. I think what happened was the 'hot knife through butter' kinda thing, where the metal burned a cut into my finger about 1/4" deep and 3/4" accross...and then scooped under and kept going for another 1/2". The neat thing is though it was cauterized (which explains the lack of blood), and the melted rubber from the glove sealed it shut. I would have to say that this injury worked out nicely!

Oooooh... That sounds like it would smell bad... Will probably hurt like hell tomorrow...

It's That Time of Year Again

Awesome!!! Injury and wound repair all in one shot!!! Gotta agree with Saurian, though.....you're gonna feel it in the mornin'!

wow, that's pretty cool it didn't bleed!!

But yes, if your not already in pain...you probably will be.

Oh, and what are you going to do about the rubber? Is it melted to you real good, or did it come off easily?

RE: Rough Ride

OUCH! That sounds like it really hurt! BTW this thread is worthless without pics!

WE WANT GORE! WE WANT GORE! WE WANT GORE!

(and not Al Gore, either)

Thanks guys

Sparky-Watts said:
WE WANT GORE! WE WANT GORE! WE WANT GORE!

Sickos................

So how bout them pics Gary!!!!

Man, you gotta love those self cleaning wounds! Is the glove still usable :twisted:
More important, hows the fender look?

On a side note, I just received my bill from the hospital (see "my first jeep wound" posting from a few weeks ago!)

Grand total on trying to remove my drivers seat came to: $645

RE: Re: RE: Rough Ride

Yeah, I started to feel it that night...and definately the next day. I'll start looking for my digital camera so I can get some pics up. The rubber started to come off but there is still a little bit there. The glove isn't exactly oil proof anymore, but still works for other things. I had hoped that the heat would have prevented any infections, but it did start to smell kinda bad today...oops, probably should have cleaned it. Oh well, it's nothing some peroxide can't handle. Oh, and the fenders turned out nicely!

RE: Re: new carb, now got a problem

I don't know if this is true, but I was told recently that using peroxide on a wound isn't the best. The story I got was that it kills as much good stuff as bad.

RE: Run in with a mud pit

I heard the same thing, think it causes soft tissue damage, or slows healing or something... All I know is that I have plenty of scars, will have plenty more over the course of my life, and peroxide stings a hell of a lot less than alcohol...

RE: Not that I really care buuutttttt....

Saurian said:
I heard the same thing, think it causes soft tissue damage, or slows healing or something... All I know is that I have plenty of scars, will have plenty more over the course of my life, and peroxide stings a hell of a lot less than alcohol...

Yeah, and I love that foaming action!!!! :lol:

Hot weather -> Air conditioning woes

Ooooh, that sounds ugly.

Try some Neosporin or Bacitracin. Doesn't clean squat but will protect against infection and speed along healing. For some reason when I use that stuff scars seem eiter minimal or non-existant.

RE: Hot weather -> Air conditioning woes

Try a good stiff brush and some alcohol. Of course that'll hurt like hell so you might just want to lop it off completely. You've got 9 others fingers.....suck it up and drive on! :twisted:

J/K

RE: Run in with a mud pit

Ya, just go for the bottle of alcohol. It will make the pain go away...and you won't worry about the infection on your hand...

Oil Change

jumppr said:
Try a good stiff brush and some alcohol. Of course that'll hurt like hell so you might just want to lop it off completely. You've got 9 others fingers.....suck it up and drive on! :twisted:

J/K

Is the alchohol for the hand or the stomach? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: RE: Oil Change

work injuries...

Today I was installing a window, I was screwing to boards together when the screw broke off and I sent the driver (with all my weight) into my thumb. I now have a + in my thumb, down to the bone

RE: Re: RE: Not that I really care buuutttttt....

Snitty said:
work injuries...

Today I was installing a window, I was screwing to boards together when the screw broke off and I sent the driver (with all my weight) into my thumb. I now have a + in my thumb, down to the bone

Ouch! Been there, done that! I've got plenty of those little "+" scars on my hands!

Re: RE: I wish I was this cop!

Sparky-Watts said:
Snitty said:
work injuries...

Ouch! Been there, done that! I've got plenty of those little "+" scars on my hands!

I have a little band of pyramid shaped scars running accross my kneecap from my handsaw (used by tree climbers)
Came down and sunk the 12" blade right in about 70 feet up a douglas fir tree!

Really cool scar though... almost looks like a tat!

Back