New seats in an Ole Wrangler Question?

60 Biscayne

Here I am putting all this time & $$$ into my '89 to get her to run like a new machine & I think to my self... this front seat stinks!
I look around and guys are selling newer nicer seats out of late model Wranglers etc........ is it a big deal to mount these into an older Jeep like my '89?
I built Aluminum Truck Bodies and turned wrenches all my life & can't see a problem unless there is a physical deminsion problem - like your knees will be into the dash once the new seat is installed etc............
Anybody done this etc.?????
Hurry with some input there's a nice set I'd like to bid on!
Thanks,
Jim

You can fab any seat to fit. The big problem is the height. You'll find your sitting to tall. Unless you fab a new mount to the floor then it doesnt matter what seats you get.

Should have said "Thanks Dave" for your info!
Stupid Fingers not working to good today or is it this damn computer making mistakes again...............

.....no doubt it's the PC, they're known for that.

Put anything in that tickles your fancy. I put a pair of fiero seats in my 89. They had speakers in the headrests and reclined. I was LIVIN' back then! :shades: :lol:

I heard you can put 80s mustang seats in a Jeep... never seen it, but I heard they bolt right onto the bracket.

Back