New Member - Just getting started... Help!

Well it looks like I got pretty close.

42" tires? My goodness, isn't that pretty big? Heard 33's mentioned several times and I thought those were big.

Currupt... you got me. If you asked me to decipher the avatar... I could read between the lines on that one :)

redrooster said:
Not bad for a first timer.
Translation:
1978 Jeep CJ7
5.3 Litre Engine (if you really know your stuff, it's a Chevy)
TH400 is a GM TurboHydramatic 400 automatic transmission
Atlas 3.8 Aftermarket transfer case with all the Bling
4.56 refers to axle gear ratios
60 refers to the front axle being a Dana 60 one ton rated
14 refers to the GM Corporate 14 bolt rear axle, also ton rated
42's as in 42" refers to the size of the tires

:shock:

Ummm...did I mention that I have a really kewl rock shift knob?:?

:lol:

H2oSki2Live said:
42" tires? My goodness, isn't that pretty big? Heard 33's mentioned several times and I thought those were big.

Yeah, that's pretty big. I think Redrooster wins the "Who's got the baddest Jeep on the Jeepz.com website" award.
image-missing.png

I don't know about that. It is currently sitting in my shop with half a dozen wrenches and broken pieces of a transfer case under it. Doesn't look so "bad" like that.

OOOOOOO what happened to you tcase? I want carnage stories...

Besides, everyone knows mines the baddest on the site :D
image-missing.png

Hah, rooster's got me by a long shot, gimme a year or two and I don't know if I'll actually be allowed to be a member here, :lol:. I see it being buggied sometime in the future...

PS H20:
2.5L engine (4 banger)
NP435 transmission (Ford granny gear transmission)
NP231 tcase (stock jeep case)
Heavy Duty Dana 44 (front axle)
Dana 60 Rear with 35 spline axles
38" Super Swampers

That's a great picture.
I was trying a hill at Gray Rock that I had never seen before. I got to the top where there was a stump on the left an undercut rock from middle to right and a diff hanger under the rear axle all on a bad off camber spot. On the third attempt I gave it some skinny pedal and the front output shaft sheared off the Atlas.
To add insult to injury, I got winched over the top by my buddy's wife in her pink Jeep. Actually, it's a bad Jeep, but nevertheless.

Holy Crap! Tell me it was a 32 spline output shaft and I'll be set on a Stak box for my next case. Wow... Thats crazy.

A buddy of mine took the rear output off his stock dana 300, he had no clue what happened and was kind of in shock. I think it was the first real break he had ever had. He was bound up goooood when it happened too :D

I like those Stak's too. Dana 300 is the best choice if you go stock. For me, I'll never mess with swapping in any other factory cases into project vehicles. By the time you beef them up to where you want em, your nearly there to an Atlas or Stak.

Yeah... now you lost me with all of that tech talk again :)

Was out this weekend with my family at my son's t-ball game and was amazed at how many jeeps I actually noticed at the ball park. Was a bit more fun to look at them and say "I like that" or "I don't want that". Always thought looking for a new toy was more than 1/2 the fun but seeing how ya'll mod these out, can see that is just the beginning!

H2oSki2Live said:
Yeah... now you lost me with all of that tech talk again :)

Was out this weekend with my family at my son's t-ball game and was amazed at how many jeeps I actually noticed at the ball park. Was a bit more fun to look at them and say "I like that" or "I don't want that". Always thought looking for a new toy was more than 1/2 the fun but seeing how ya'll mod these out, can see that is just the beginning!

Oh my God!! I think you've got "the bug". Wait 'til you get one.......you'll be checking out and seeing Jeeps everywhere. I'm afraid there's no hope for you.............sounds like your bitten like the rest of us.

Enjoy!!!

I figure this might be a fun addiction, especially something to share with my son as he gets older.

Right now the biggest question I am having is what do I 'settle' on... year, mileage, amount of mods, etc. Seeing a number of options which makes it all the more interesting as well as difficult to decide :) How terrible! haha.

Yep, enjoying the T-ball, actually is more modified coaches pictch. 6 yr olds. Pitch to the child, if he can't hit in 3-4 pitches, set it up on the T. Fun for me is seeing that my son has yet to come close to needing to "T" it up. I don't coach though, don't know a ton about baseball, grew up playing soccer and basketball. But I know enough to lend a hand when the coach needs it, and to help out during practice with drills and such. It's made for a fun spring!

Back