new liberty owner

r8erfan

hello to all. just a quick ques here. i keep seeing the term kj in regards to the liberty. i know the others have different letters and so on. my ques. is- does the term "kj" refer to only 4-wheel drive liberty's only or is that just the term for the liberty body style? like i said, new to the jeep world so please take it easy on me, i'm trying :lol: any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Nobody will flame you on this site. Asking questions is why we are here.

To answer your question, KJ is in reference to the body style, whether or not it's a 2wd or 4wd.

Welcome to Jeepz.com!!!

Hi,

The two-letter references are simply code names for the different Jeep vehicle projects.

KJ, for example, would represent any Liberty.

-Nick :!:

Tug-n-pull said:
mingez said:
currupt4130 said:
it wouldnt be a community without sarcasm and "flaming"
:? :?:

I do not get that one either! tug

Maybe he meant that your first post was sarcastic? (because you weren't ACTUALLY flaming him)
"Let me be the first to flame you" -- yet you were actually welcoming him, hence the "community". I dunno.

Yes, KJ is the universally accepted term (probably one of many) for the Jeep Liberty. I recall a couple threads on other forums that listed LJ for the 4WD version and KJ for the 2WD version. However, everyone just calls it a KJ regardless.

Do you have a KJ now? What model (Sport, Limited, Renegade, Columbia Edition, Rocky Mountain Edition, Freedom Edition, etc.)? Planning on any mods yet?

Here's a link to my Cardomain.com site. Lift install date is Thursday.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/zskys

image-missing.png

KJ = Liberty

Hey! welcome!!

As long as you enjoy that Libby, you have nothing to worry about the people around here!

I have wheeled with a number of libby's stock and lifted and I am always amazed at there capabilities. I have noticed three distinct down falls of these vehicles though. In stock trim, poor approach angles, if you got the fog lights, might as well take a hammer and shatter them. I have seen more KJ's loss theirs on hill climbs. once lifted, they rub a lot while turning lock to lock on the front fender flare. Both of these issues can easily be solved with a ARB bumper. The last draw back is, when lifted, the tire selection is few and due to the wheel wells, you need to stick to the pizza cutter tires, and when aired down, are more likely to blow a bead.

Other than that awesome!! Here is a tip though, before you lift it or anything, get some armor under there!

Also check out www.kjjeep.com

They are also a nice group of people and probably help you out more than I ever could.

I think zskys is a member over there as well.

yes zskys, i do have a kj !! it's an 02 limited shale green. only drawback......its a 2-wheeler. current financial situation keeps me from purchasing new so i searched for a used and couldnt pass this one up, even though it was a 2-wheeler. anyways, thanks for the replies people. this is a great site, i'm really learning alot here. take care people

Jim

2 whee.... No flam.... yeah but.... oh nevermind :evil: !

Hey man Welcome to Jeepz and congrats on your purchase!

2wd, I am thinking prerunner!! Plus since there are no CV shafts, more than a 2.5" lift is definately possible!

Back