New Jeep With Leaf Springs - Photos

southtj

jeeptruckprpkgped_450acb-1.jpg

Mike Levine at Pickuptruck.com speculates that Jeep may be going after the postal fleet market. These mules are right-hand drive (to reach mailboxes perhaps?) and leaf springs (to handle the heavy load of mail maybe?)
More detailed spy shots here.

:?|

can't go wrong with leafs, cheap, simple, and effective

Could possibly be the Gladiator truck with a hardtop disguise and a bobbed bed. I could see them using leaves on the truck version of the JK.

it is the Egyptian army's verson of the JK Wrangler...

jeep is contemplating building it for the US Market under the code JT.

img_5973-1.jpg

mainphpg2_viewcoreDownloadItemg2_itemId1-1.jpg

I've got a budy in Detroit that works for an unnamed company that deals with diseal testing. I know a couple months ago they had some JK's in with diseals that had leafs that they were testing. Problem being that every single one of them was a European model. So I don't think you'll see a leafed JK in the state unless it is a mail jeep.

Allthough, I like the JT,... it is still a TJ with a "bed".

The Scrambler was a CJ with a bed. It def needs a fold down tailgate
The leaves are fine for the rear. I'm going to have to vote for coils in the front though. That tan one was in a couple of magazine articles about the Easter Jeep Safari months ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican versions were leaf sprung all the way around.

The Scrambler was a CJ with a bed. It def needs a fold down tailgate
The leaves are fine for the rear. I'm going to have to vote for coils in the front though. That tan one was in a couple of magazine articles about the Easter Jeep Safari months ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican versions were leaf sprung all the way around.

True. I liked the old Sramblers, too. What I was getting at was bringing back something like the Comanches. I know it was just Cherokee with a bed but the reason I liked them was the bed and cab were separate. Just seemed more like a pu. It had coils up front and leaves in the rear.

The Comanches bed and cab were separated, it was a "mini" truck. You could pull the bed off and replace it, if needed. The KJ(and Scrambler) are not like that. It is all one piece.
But i still like the looks of them.

I know all that, I was referring to the newer TJ style "truck" posted in this thread.

I love old CJ8's. I like to check out Collins Brothers every now and then and drool at the likes of this rig:
image-missing.png

I'd never pay the prices they ask, but they sure do get some nice looking older Jeeps ;)

I know all that, I was referring to the newer TJ style "truck" posted in this thread.

I love old CJ8's. I like to check out Collins Brothers every now and then and drool at the likes of this rig:
image-missing.png

I'd never pay the prices they ask, but they sure do get some nice looking older Jeeps ;)

WOW!! :shock: :shock: That is nice! How much does that go for?

Back