new jeep owner already hooked

one4fester

i just bought 88 4door cherokee 2 weeks ago says 181000 but old oil change sticker say 231000 so who knows the drivers seat was broken when i bought it replaced both seats from bone yard but im a big guy with the seat in the right place i didnt fit so well so i put an 11in wheel on it. now its kinda like a big go cart to drive but i love it. the jeep also had the start and die acouple of times before it would stay running like a lot of others i have read so much about.i had to replace the fuel tank it was leaking pretty good.being low on funds i picked one up at bone yard and tempted fate buy not replacing pump but so far no starting problem any more.it was from a 87 and now my gauge is also reading backwards goig back to the yard sat to get the gauges from the 87 to try that if anyone knows better let me know.im sure ill be here on jeepz alot happy jeepn

Does you gauge cluster have the full gauge package or the idiot lights with just a speedo and fuel gauge? Sounds like the previous owner may have swapped the gauge cluster to upgrade from the idiot lights to the full array of gauges. I did this in my MJ, dropped the miles by 80k and the fuel gauge read backwards.

It has a full cluster amp, oil pressure,fuel,temp and the fuel gauge read correct until i replaced tank it was from an 87.Tried to check out wiring in chiltons but it is not that detailed.

Back