new exhaust

monsterrd

Hi everybody, got my new exhaust system done today, what a difference, I can actually hear the passenger talking now. My old pipe was rusted out and muffler had a huge hole in it. I went with the dynamax super turbo muffler, I'm very pleased with it. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

cool! catback? what did you do with the cat? how much $$$?[addsig]

Replaced everything from the catalitic converter back. Still cat back, It was 175.00 installed including a chrome straight tip. :cool: :cool: [addsig]

i just replaced tail pipe to manifold. got the cat for $99 and she's a small one - no larger than a loaf of sour dough bread.

also used the dynomax, primarily for the cost difference. almost half the gibsons and others.

very impressed indeed. nice sound, all fit well and has a stainless tip to boot.[addsig]

Cool. Did you get by Mark and Jim's for that XJ lift install? You'll have to come down to our April meeting and meet the club :-D [addsig]

I went over for the lift install, very cool people,had a good time,I'm going to join sija,when is the next meeting? Also they said you are the spring over expert. What would it cost to do one? How much lift would it give me? :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

I wouldn't say expert, but it is a lift I plan to do soon and have researched it well. Figure about $50 for spring perches, $100 for shocks, $500 for SYE and rear driveshaft, $30 for longer brake lines. You're looking at $700 minimum and can be $1000 and up, depending on how much you can do yourself.

I'm slowly piecing things things together for the lift and should be able to do it on a budget, say $250, but it's not easily pulled off.

Check our events section for the date, time, and location of the April meeting. If you don't want to drive, I'm sure Mark or Jim would give you a lift to save on miles, they come to most every meeting.[addsig]

I'm all for the budget lift. Spent most of the day over at mark and jims, Had a dart match that night shot terrible,a little buzzed by the time I got there, I guess it was the sun and beer combo. :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

Back