Name That Jeep

RE: Re: RE: Name That Jeep

CJ6's are very cool, but that is not one of them...

Look a little closer...

Great thread... nice Surrey up there. The third "Frankenstein" deal in Junk's post is pretty cool. Real SHORT wheelbase, it'd be fun to drive.

Willys snow Jeep

image-missing.png

History of Jeep

Looks kinda like a M38, but not too sure, are those the original locking hubs?

if it had the split windshield, those are the M38A1's I think??

Here is a couple of my favorites

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

All three are the same Model, and are awsome!

This was a concept vehicle that was bought and restored.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

And you gotta love 5/4 ton axles!!
id_m715_brandt_03a-3.jpg

Electrical Problems?

Ritt,

image-missing.png

If memory serves, a Korean War era Marine Corps recon Jeep, with fording kit (Intake and exhaust snorkels, waterproofed ignition).

The radio sets in the rear could be powered by a generator that was located between the front seats. That generator was driven by a PTO.

Regards,

Gadget

image-missing.png

We've seen that on here on Jeeps before, but I'll have to trust Gadget on what model it is. I remember the fording gear and the radio.

Ya gotta wonder how well that radio would fare in a water crossing deep enough for the fording gear to be that high :lol:

Well, is it a M38? or a M38A1?

The first couple I put up were called FC 170's, but fc 150's were also available. (the FC stands for foward control)
The Concept one was a recon jeep that was known as the 1973 SJ (look at the liscence plate) which was to be the "Safety Jeep" which was nothing more than a CJ 5 with a bunch of bolt ons, pto winch and some crazy bumpers! (Obviously before the whole angle of approach fad!)

And the last is the great Keiser M715, 5/4 ton axles and enough low end grint to pull the foundation out from underneith a building!

Back