Name That Jeep

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Sully's work!

I will keep it simple to start... or is it simple..
image-missing.png

Most everyone know what this is called.. and was made in 1960, but...
what was it called in 1959?

P.S. I will throw pics up here for you folks to guess!

It's called the Surrey Gala, and it's a version or "package" of the two-wheel drive DJ-3A Dispatcher.

Right?

can any body men out there lend some advice?

It's the Mingezmobile!!

Ah, but the tent in the background leads me to believe the perhaps, this is a Surrey at Camp Jeep, hence the filename... But that's just my idea, don't quote me on that...

Seriously, though, although I am sure I could look it up, I have no idea what it was called in 1959, and as I have to get ready for work, I'm just gonna sit back and watch...

RE: can any body men out there lend some advice?

south442 said:
It's called the Surrey Gala, and it's a version or "package" of the two-wheel drive DJ-3A Dispatcher.

Right?

Correct exceot for the surrey part. according to my sources, in 1959, it was indeed called the DJ-3A Gala Dispatcher. in 1960 they renamed it the surrey and offered it in two new colors, blue and green!

OK I got another one for ya! time for ya!

Re: RE: Name That Jeep

Try this one!

image-missing.png

Should be easy if you know what to look for!

M151 Mutt with fording kit and MK19 automatic grenade launcher, my kinda ride ;)

Doesn't look like an original setup, as the M151 and MK19 are likely from 2 different eras.

RE: Re: RE: Where has been Sully ?

the first jeep to have ifs, they got smart for 45 years and now look where were at.

how bout this one
image-missing.png

RE: VERY frustrating oil leak

well i knew you two would know it, i wanted to see some puzzled remarks from other people!

Here's three for you:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

The first two are easy. All three were built by Jeep, but none made it to production.

Tightening Dana 44 Hubs

jps4jeep said:
in 1960 they renamed it the surrey and offered it in two new colors, blue and green!
The original color was "Tropical Rose"
The blue was "Cerulean Blue"

Dunno what the green was called.

How 'bout this one?:
HAdontlookhere-3.jpg

Back