My son...

90Xjay

RE: Jeep Trailor???

A favorite thing that I do on weekends with my 6-year-old son is we drive around in my Jeep Cherokee. We like to cruise around town running errands while listening to a CW McCall CD. For those unfortunate few who have never heard of CW McCall, well the guy was a brilliant recording artist who made the late 70’s fun for me. A lot of his songs were about “Jeepin” and the parts of this country you could visit only in a Jeep. He loved his Jeeps and even had them pictured on his album covers. He also recorded a great deal about the trucking lifestyle which he is even more famous for.

Well, we were running around town the other day and turned up a street only to meet a 3-block long funeral procession coming at us. What a bummer, I thought, thinking only of the traffic problem, not the poor dead person in the hurst. Then, my son’s eyes got big as quarters as he pointed and yelled out. “Look Daddy, its a Convoy!”

My son is all right.

Re: RE: Jeep Trailor???

That's good stuff right there!

You should get him into some Dick Dale... now there's some wheelin music.
BTW, I got some CW off limewire... never heard of him before today, good stuff! Love the song "Four Wheel Drive"

Most of you had to have heard his song "Convoy" (from the Kris Kristofferson movie)!?!?!

Or are 90 and I both getting old?

Don't answer that ;)

TwistedCopper said:
Most of you had to have heard his song "Convoy" (from the Kris Kristofferson movie)!?!?!

Or are 90 and I both getting old?

Don't answer that ;)

Oh ya, I've definatly heard of him and that song Twisted :D .

Coil spring conversion in YJ

Joopin said:
You should get him into some fuzzy bunny Dale... now there's some wheelin music.
BTW, I got some CW off limewire... never heard of him before today, good stuff! Love the song "Four Wheel Drive"

"Fuzzy Bunny Dale"

Oops, the profanity filter strikes again. He means "Dic-k Dale" (without the hyphen of course)

Cool story 90!

Re: RE: My son...

Joopin wrote:
I got some CW off limewire... never heard of him before today, good stuff! Love the song "Four Wheel Drive"

Some of you may not know this but the score for alot of CW MCcalls music was done by Chip Davis, who is now famous of course for starting Manhiem Steamroller. The song "Aurora Borealis" is an example of them being ahead of their time.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Another Jeep Decision

if you ask me CW McCall rocks (btw thats not his real name) the movie Convoy rocks (i own it) and what your youngster sead rocks (i busted up laghing.)

RE: What

Snitty said:
never heard of McCall or D1ck Davis

D1ck Dale is the guy who played a lot of surfer music with the repetative guiter picking, in the 60's. He's still popular today as heard in the theme song to Pulp Fiction.

Don't know Chip Davis, but I'll look into him. CW's good stuff.

RE: Re: RE: Jeep Trailor???

image-missing.png

If you think about it, CW was the first "rapper" only you can actually understand what he is saying and he is not talking about killing anyone!!

come on, I'll beat both of you to 40 by a good shot. Enough of this "old talk".

Now take on old fart like Justice Renquist, (who should retire) he was born in 1924. That is old.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Another Jeep Decision

I've been a Chip Davis fan forever. I've got all the Mannheim Steamroller albums. He's truly a musical genious. Love the CW McCall part of his music, too.

I'm sure those of you who don't think you've heard of Chip Davis and MS have heard the music. They've got several Christmas albums, the most popular song from those is their rendition of Deck the Halls. Another one, Silent Night was butchered by someone that added some guy talking about God in reference to the 9-11 tragedy. Not that I'm not a fan of God and feel the 9-11 tragedy was bad, but I just hate that kind of butchering of a perfectly good song by making it into some sappy-assed attempt at tear-jerking.

Back