My latest project....

90Xjay

RE: What

I hope don't mind me putting this on the board but I am just about 95% done with this custom "chopper" bike I am building for my son who turns 6 in early April. I only have a rear fender to bolt on and it is done.

I started with a boy's 20" mountain bike I found last fall at a garage sale for $3, tore it down, cut the frame to put some good rake in the front forks, cut and extended the forks 6 inches and welded a plate in the frame to simulate a fuel tank.
Hope you like it, I know my son sure does, BTW I made him help me nearly every step of the way and it was more work having him there sometimes, but overall a very good experiance for him to be able to tell his friends he "built" it with Dad.

image-missing.png

[br]
image-missing.png

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

That's GREAT, 90xjay!!! You're a good DAD!! Man, I wish I had something like that back when my knees worked!!! Good job - both of you!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

That's really cool 90Xjay!!!!

It might have been more working having him help, but I bet you guys had a great time!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

Sweet cruiser! I thought you were making it for yourself at first.

RE: What

That's awesome!! Good to see you take the time to work with your kid instead of for him! My dad always did that, and I learned a ton of stuff from him by it. Brought us a lot closer together, too! Now, when I'm doing any woodworking, I can feel him beside me every step of the way, just as it was when I was young. He's been gone almost two years now, but I can still hear his voice guiding me......

So cool...Mud's right, you're a good dad.

Look how proud the little guy looks! Just awesome.

stalls on left turn...?

Thank you all for your kind words. :D :D :D :D

My dad was a good dad to me, but we never got to do anything like this.
I had to beg him include me in what he was doing until I was a young teen and then it was usually a great outdoor adventure like cutting a load of firewood. :cry:

I think most dads want to try and improve on their experiances.

I guess you can tell we don't mind that you posted this! :mrgreen:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: A Whole Year Already?!?

Thirty-years from now, your son will have trouble recalling the bike, but he will remember working with his dad.

Regards,

Gadget

My dad always told me if I had something else to do, then go on and do it, he didn't want to hold me back. HA!! No place else I'd rather be than working with him. His dad was the opposite, making him do the work while he sat and watched, while dad had plenty of other places he wanted and needed to be (like in school), so my dad didn't want to be that way with me. I could see the light in his eyes when I'd tell him I'd rather stay and help him. Still see it to this day when I close my eyes at night.

LOL XJAY It's an awesome bike and like the others said, I'm impressed by both the action and the result! Thanks for sharing! You made my day brighter!

Lady

You should put some "ape hangers

I wished I had a good chrome set.
I has been hard tracking down older bike parts like fenders and headlights

Back