My "jeep chick" status didn't work for me today.

I have a straight pipe in place of my cat. I went to Midas to get a muffler and they said that they couldn't do it without the cat. The only reason they gave me, was because of cutting the muffler ends to the right length. I told them that I had a high flow cat on order and the ends should be long enough for them to work with. So they put in the muffler.[addsig]

Any professional shop with experienced mechanics can replace a muffler regardless of whether a cat is present or not. What, do they not work on vehicles produced prior to 1976 when catalytic converters were mandated? In massachusetts it is only illegal to remove a catalytic converter that is factory mandated, not work on the car regardless of it's presence. (which I think is a federal standard) The problem is, that if you go to what I call a "lick and stick shop" meaning that they pull and replace, nothing more, they don't have the knowledge to custom fab up some exhaust, letalone use a measuring tape to fit a muffler![addsig]

Dump the cat and go with a Flo master. P.S. You look 18-19 to me.[addsig]

Hey nice jeep. To bad about the fender mods. Just wanted to say I like your site and even joined up for the site. Sounds like you got your act together on getting your ride taken care of. Best of luck and Happy trails. :cool: [addsig]

One or two dents is okay, but I think mine is a little overdone. I want to get like a 97 and just sell Jeezer to someone who is better at do-it-yourself fixes. I'd like to have the new suspension, and a couple of comforts (like heat). My jeep is so tough, its hard to enjoy the 10-month winters in Michigan for the two months I really love my jeep. I don't know how this is going to come off to everyone, but I don't mean any disrespect. And I don't want a girlie jeep, I just want a little nicer. :) [addsig]

If by "girlie" you mean the newer, cushier suspension, heat, and easier to put on soft top...believe me, get in touch w/ your feminine side! Your jeep is still going to get you where you need to go, just a little bit smoother. Also, the hard top is wonderful in these Midwestern winters. You'll have a nice back windshild wiper and back defrost. Makes snow removal oh so much easier![addsig]

Good, I was hoping no one would become offended by that. It was meant to be. I kind of want a fresh slate though. My mom just bought a brand new one and actually has to turn the heat off because it's too hot. I couldn't even imagine!

[addsig]

I know what you mean. I will always love my 93 YJ, but at the end of the summer I'm going to trade up to a 99 TJ with the 4.0 and a 5-speed. Mostly I want a smoother ride. The potholes around here are so bad that I bent my drivers side axle shaft on one and then two weeks later punctured a tire on one. The comfort controls wouldn't be too bad either. I haven't had air or heat that will actually heat up in either of the two cars I've had.

TARSI[addsig]

Back