Red Man
Kayne West
Twista
David Banner
Scarface
Rage

Alot of other stuff already posted,... Metal, country, R&B,
Used to have Bass CD's But the system is still too weak :( :(

Well ill listen to a lil bit of about anything, except i mostly dislike rap, and opera i dont even count as music. Anyway, my favs are country and rock. Chris Ledaux, Clint Black, older Garth, George Strait etc, plus the old stuff. As far as rock, i like your typical Metallica, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, etc. And a whole lot of bands most of you have probably never heard of, such as:
Disciple
Pillar
Demon Hunter
Lucerin Blue
Dead Poetic
Blindside
Living Sacrifice
Zao
Project 86
East West
FewLeftStanding

and a bunch of others. Those are mostly Christian rock/hardcore/metal bands...

Nathan

PS Sorry sully i shouldnt say no one's probably heard of them, i know you've heard of most of them!

tires and rims

For all of you people out there who prefer satelite radio, here is a great site that is free and allows you to listen or dj.

From Pop, to the very obscure, you can find anything. It's awesome.
http://www.shoutcast.com/index.phtml

Oh man...iget most of my music free from the bands so i got lots of it....death metal to power metal...cuz crushing things with big tires aint fun unless you have crushing metal

Dimmu Borgir
Skinless(good friends o mine so buy their CDs)
Origin
Exhumed
Queensryche
Iced Earth
Emperor
Mayhem
Cephalic Carnage
Dying Fetus
Oi Skampilation(mix of Oi and ska....i hung with the old boot boys)
Slayer
Iron maiden
Cryptopsy
Hypocrisy
Carcass
Metallica( before it became the lars Ulrich project)
Death
Obituary
Shaddows Fall
Candiria
Black Sabbath (with Ozzy Not Dio)
This is just to name a handfull.....i sometimes steal a few CDs off my housemates shelves too......lots of things really from brutal metal to a symphony orchestra...

mingez said:
Utah_jeepster said:
Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Clint Black...
Yes Country...the best music to push those 10 whoofers.

How the heck did a Hayward boy get exposed to Country?
Living in Arizona dude...land of lift-em as high as you want too and 4x4 in your neighbors backyard!

Utah_jeepster said:
mingez said:
Utah_jeepster said:
Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Clint Black...
Yes Country...the best music to push those 10 whoofers.

How the heck did a Hayward boy get exposed to Country?
Living in Arizona dude...land of lift-em as high as you want too and 4x4 in your neighbors backyard!

amen :D

New XXX wrangler!!!

currupt4130 said:
from autumn to ashes
slayer
darkest hour
garth brooks
sammy kershaw
motorhead
metallica
hootie and the blowfish
modest mouse
alabama
arch enemy
archers of loaf
boston
braid
children of bodom
buddy jewel
def leopard
dramarama
eagles
heart
iron maiden
john cougar mellencamp
johnny cash
hendrix
samiam
rise against
skid row
ted nugent
van halen
toby keith
tim mcgraw
underoath

All that too except Heart!!

sorry just can't stomache it!

always got some metallica and rhcp in the player...

i will say that rush is the WORST group of people to ever call themselves a band...

does anyone else here play an instrument?

Well I dont know what I got in my CD player.. that darn thing will not eject the CD!
LOL and behold I still have 21 days till my 3 year warrenty runs out!
The new CD player will be delivered next week and in one to two months I will know what CD I had in the player...C/D will tear the player apart and remove the CD for free and send it to me...YAHOO!

I love my XM Radio. I just don't have the storage in the Jeep for CDs nor do I want to devote space for that. I carry an eight inch Celestron deep space telescope for the night time. Clothes for two people and food for my faithful traveling Australian Sheperd companion, Molly (she really loves the Jeep and the back country).

So, for aural entertainment it is XM Radio. I had Sirius first, but did not like it. I am looking for a unit that goes in the Jeep, can go in the truck and go into the home. I also want to only pay for one subscription. It looks like I may go with the Roady unit available on the XM Radio site.

But... The convenience of the XM (or the Sirius) is amazing. If one kind of music gets old, listen to another. Tired of that? Listen to talk radio. Listen to comedy (both PG and XXX). Radio theatre, audio books, or almost anything that can be listened to is available. And you can receive these from wherever you (and the Jeep) may end up at...

What don't I like? XM does not have NPR. That is a bummer...

Snitty said:
always got some metallica and rhcp in the player...

i will say that rush is the WORST group of people to ever call themselves a band...

does anyone else here play an instrument?

I love ya Snitty, but I have to disagree....

And yeah... Drums. Neil Pert rules, Lars sucks compared to Pert!!! (But I love Metallica too!.)

Re: Atlas...UH OH!

cewtwo said:
What don't I like? XM does not have NPR. That is a bummer...

I think you just sold TwistedCopper on XM radio. Crazy Conservatives don't like anything that doesn't advocate facism on their programming. (JK TC!!! :lol: :lol: ) I couldn't resist either...

Eat Quiznos subs!!!

how can you guys drive on nice little dirt paths with the top down and not listen to country alllll the time?!?!

Drums. Neil Pert rules, Lars sucks compared to Pert

i'll say... Rush may have some talented musicians... but the talent is wasted with their music... the bassist is good... but that vocalist... i'd rather stuff my ears with steel wool and put my head in the microwave...

and lars... even he's said that he's nothing special... but his style fits in well with the most talented and well rounded metal band of all time... some may not like some of the styles of metallica... but their styles fill such a wide range that EVERYONE loves or can relate to at least 3 metallica songs

Snitty said:
Drums. Neil Pert rules, Lars sucks compared to Pert

i'll say... Rush may have some talented musicians... but the talent is wasted with their music... the bassist is good... but that vocalist... i'd rather stuff my ears with steel wool and put my head in the microwave...

and lars... even he's said that he's nothing special... but his style fits in well with the most talented and well rounded metal band of all time... some may not like some of the styles of metallica... but their styles fill such a wide range that EVERYONE loves or can relate to at least 3 metallica songs

The bassist is the vocalist: Geddy Lee. Remember, I am saying that Metallica is one of my favorite bands ever. But that last one... ugh.

I love RUSH. They rule...!!!!!!!!!1

I watched an awesome documentary on PBS called How The Music Died. It went into how pretty much 3 major owners own all of the music labels collectively, and how they are completely inspired by the money. Young talent gets ignored to make way for bands and artists who have the potential to be big stars with their image. It also went into how MTV and the like have killed the quality of music today by promoting bands that make good videos instead of good music. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part today there are some really untalented good looking "musicians" out there dominating the charts. One other thing they touched on is how #1 songs don't stay on the charts a long time anymore. When popularity was based merely on the music, there were artists that stayed #1 for months (extremely rare today).

To answer the question of this thread, I listen to a very wide variety of music. It would be easier to write what I don't listen to:

NO rap, R&B, or "neo" rock bands. Marilyn Manson is a perfect example of what has happened to the level of talent in the music industry. Man that dude is a discrace.

Another thing - I really can't stand "American Idol". What the hell is that? Do all new singers today have to sing in that stupid style where their voices jump up and down through several octaves on every other word??? Man that is sooooooo annoying. Where is the originality? I have turned that show on atleast 4 or 5 times and always the same thing. booooo.

One last thing - Snitty I saw Rush in concert several years ago and I think if you were there you would have a different opinion of them. I've also seen Metallica several times and they are incredible.

My favorite song all time is Bob Dylan's "Tangled up in Blue"

The bassist is the vocalist: Geddy Lee
...But that last one... ugh.

i wasn't aware of that... they should leave him to bass only.. and find a singer with some balls... it is downright annoying to listen to him sing... and i know that metallica's last album was nothing to worship... i was displeased with it, i love load and reload... people don't notice, but St.Anger is the SAME style, just drop tuned way down, with terrible vocal lines... though "unnamed feeling" is a good song

Snitty I saw Rush in concert several years ago and I think if you were there you would have a different opinion of them. I've also seen Metallica several times and they are incredible.
I'll never like rush... maybe they are good musicians, i can't rob them of that... but their style is very "gay" in my opinion, can't stand it... i'd rather play with power tools in the bath tub than listen to them... about seeing metallica... amazing shows, i get to see them again in october

whats up with the low washer light?

In my player or CD case:

Bob Schneider
JazzyFatNastees
Zero 7
Lyle Lovett
Jack Johnson
Erykah Badu
Outkast
Jill Scott
Jeff Bradshaw ("Slide" feat. Jill Scott) -- just purchased it 1 hr ago
Ozomatli
Cold Play
Jason Mraz
Matchbox Twenty
Macy Gray
The Lion King Original Broadway Soundtrack (yep, I admit it)
Jet
Joan Osborne
Sting

I agree with ya TC. The majority of music that sees mainstream exposure... SUCKS! Dont get me wrong, theres some i like, but most of its just average at best. Which is part of what makes me love the music i listen too. There are a LOT of talented bands out there that will never make it big, Many of them because they refuse to lower themselves to todays standards. (talking about how they act, not the music here) Which is part of the reason i hate that they are cracking down so hard on downloading music. I can see the problem the music companies etc have with it, but good luck trying to find cd's of some of the bands i listen too. Thats about the only way some of these bands can get any exposure.

O well, ill shut up now :)

Nathan

Back