Music

mingez

Hey, I think this has been done before. But what kind of music do you listen to? Me, everything except Polka and Twangy Country.

In my CD player right now:

Tribe Called Quest (East Coast Hip hop)
Queensryche
Johnny Cash
Outkast
System of a Down
Jarabe de Palo (Very good Latin Brazil/cumbia)
Gypsy Kings (best live show ever)
Roger Miller
Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto (Brazilian Jazz)
Stevie Wonder
Metallica (best live show ever.. did I say that?)
Kylie Minogue (oh la la)
Miss Jane (techno/house)
Rush
Beatles
Barry Manilow (Copa...)
Black Eyed Peas
311 (best live show...oh damn)
Cake
Cure
New Order
No Doubt
Dixie Chicks (don't make fun of me)
mudvain
Beastie Boys
Pharcyde
De La Soul (best ever)
Billy Joel
Hoobastank
Linkin Park
G love and the Special Sauce (milk and Cereal)
The Cars
Led Zepplin
the Sound Track to "Juice"
1000 dollars worth of Rockabilly. (compilation)
Pearl Jam (Ten)
Jamiroquai
and much more... that's as far as I felt like looking.

How about you?

Re: i finally did it

Depends!

By my self on a high way trip, I listen to some old school rap, Marky mark, Public Enemy or some heavey metal like killswitch engage, or slayer.

when crusin, wheelin, or with some of my buddy's, 80 rock!!! or current rock/metal stuff anything from Motley Cru to pantera to quiet riot!

really anything but techno!

Currently in my cd player and changer.

Beatles
Motley Cru
Bloodhound Gang
A rap mix thing a friend made me
Lynyrd Skynard
Metallica
tesla

since my cd's were stolen last year out of miss purple, i havent really put together too much of a colection, but i have a few........

outkast
nelly fertado
all acess concert
linkin park
alicia keys

yeah, i'll do a little of everything..but i can't stand them boy bands and that pop star crap.

In my player:

Year of our Lord (black metal)
Bouncing Souls
CCR
Flogging Molly
The Templars

Metallica (best live show ever.. did I say that?)
no need to say that... i know that every one of their shows is the best show ever

i've got some metallica on every cd i burn... own all of their albums, some twice over

I like many different kinds, except techno, country, and that boy band dancing girl band crap. Best of the best, in my opinion:
Blink 182, Green Day, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Disturbed, Godsmack, Rob Zombie(his older stuff), and of course Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies.

Always jamming some metallica except for the St. Crap cd. Been with them since 85. Other than that I just put a sirius radio in my jeep and I hang out on channel 27 for heavy metal and 23 for the 80,s hair bands. If not there the comedy channel to listen to stand up comics.

Well I dont have my cd player instaled in my jeep but I do listen to music.

blindside (excellent live)
from autumn to ashes (heavy stuff, hardcore)
dead poetic (makes you think)
red hot chilly peppers (duh)
beastie boys (white boys yea!)

I can really listen to most stuff just not really rap and not much of this new stuff cause most of it is terrible. I think music is going downhill these days.

I listen to a little bit of almost everything except opra...can't stand it. I even like SOME country music.
Just have one thing to say for those of you worried about getting your expensive cd's stolen. Next time you're in the market of a new cd player for your jeep or whatever vehicle you own, get one that plays mp3's. This way you can record 200+ songs onto one disc (depending on the size of the songs) and if it gets stolen, no big deal. You'll be out the cost on one blank disc and you can simply reburn the cd. Also frees up a lot of room inside the jeep.

from autumn to ashes
slayer
darkest hour
garth brooks
sammy kershaw
motorhead
metallica
hootie and the blowfish
modest mouse
alabama
arch enemy
archers of loaf
boston
braid
children of bodom
buddy jewel
def leopard
dramarama
eagles
heart
iron maiden
john cougar mellencamp
johnny cash
hendrix
samiam
rise against
skid row
ted nugent
van halen
toby keith
tim mcgraw
underoath

Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men, Backstreet, New Kids, American Idol Soundtrack, Justin Timberlake, Wham, Christina Aguilera, and Hansen.

Yeah right.

redrooster said:
Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men, Backstreet, New Kids, American Idol Soundtrack, Justin Timberlake, Wham, Christina Aguilera, and Hansen.

:D Hey, it's nice to see a man able to be honest with his feelings!
Im down with JT and Christina though. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but that gal can sing. If she's good enough for Aretha, she's good enough for me. Plus, she's hot. Way hot.

redrooster said:

Yeah right.

Did you mean to forget The Culture Club?

Looking at buying a cherokee got some Q's about lift, etc...

pushead said:
redrooster said:

Yeah right.

Did you mean to forget The Culture Club?

Mingez sings: "Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma Cameleon... You come and gooooooo, you come and gooooooohh ohh ohh!"

Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Clint Black...
Yes Country...the best music to push those 10 whoofers.

Doc Watson, John Prine, Dr. John, Leon Russel, Sleepy LaBeef, Red Clay Ramblers, The Horseflys, Chicken Chokers, Red Hots, Jerry Garcia and David Grisman together, Mearl Haggard, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Nina Samone, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Dale McCurry, Aztec Two Step, Hank Williams, I,II, and III, Leon Redbone, Taj Mahall, Queen Ida, John Lee Hooker, Canned Heat, Motorhead, Asleep at the wheel, Cowboy Junkies, The Cure, The Ramones, Bloodstone, Steppin Wolf, REO, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Ratt, John Hartford, are a few of the artist I respect.

I do not listen to the new Counrty that you hear onthe top what ever charts, Nor do I listen to the crap I mean rap hip hop type stuff. Just about anything modern day top 40 is just out. I do not listen to any radio station that let car dealers assult my mind with hurry down and buy a car ads. PBS stations are for the most part all of the radio I listen to. Can not buy much of the music I listen to the most so I have to search the used music bins and yard sales and down load from other folks with like taste.

I guess like cewtwo said XM will be the way to go for me as well. tug

Utah_jeepster said:
Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Clint Black...
Yes Country...the best music to push those 10 whoofers.

How the heck did a Hayward boy get exposed to Country?

Getting out those stuck bolts

I just bought the Sirius radio also. I love it. When that's off......

Nirvana
Weezer
Refreshments/Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
Fountains of Wayne
Rage
Buckethead
Nada Surf
Dead Hot Workshop
America
Cars
CSN (&Y)
The Cure
Bruce Springsteen
Prong

SIRIUS CHANNELS: Alt rock, Blues, Old Skool Rap, Spectrum, Buzzsaw, Octane, Hair nation......Any rock really.

ha, my music!

Sublime
Bloodhound Gang
Christina Aguleria
OutKast
Eminem
tons of mix cd's
CCR
Paul Simon
OPM
NOFX
Bonnie Tyler
Neil Young

the list goes on...

Screeching Weasel
Ramones
Riverdales
Vindictives
Smoking Popes
Operation Ivy
Misfits and TSOL (pre '84)
Hank Williams
Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Bastard Sons Of Johnny Cash
John Hartford
Leftover Salmon
Rolling Stones
David Bowie
CCR
Dre, Snoop, & the gang
Glenn Miller
Howlin Wolf
Cab Calloway
Little Richard

Most everything except Jazz, but listen to old school punk and outlaw country most often

Back