MP3's...

88Wrangles

RE: Re: RE: the eagles are going to jacksonville

I have a question about them for any of you who are knowledgable in this area. So I have made them several ways. One, with all the songs (or files) all listed out in one folder. This always seems to work when I go to play it on any of my car stereos.

However, I have also made some (actually most of them) where there are folders within folders. So basically I have several artists, with their own folders. Then, within each of those, there are different albums of their's, with the songs inside of there. These, however, will not play on my car stereos...but will on the computer/DVD player/etc. All it says is "no music".

So, anyone know why this is? I hate to have all the songs layed out in one folder cause that's just a ton of stuff to search through to find what your looking for.

Oh, and hopefully all that made sense. If not, I can re-word it

Sounds like the computer can easily open the folders, while the stereo system searches for MP3's and can see only folders, not what they contain.

RE: MP3

My JVC head unit will only recognize one level of folders. I put my MP3's in folders listed by Artists. Is yours supposed to recognize more levels?

Jules

I have no idea Jules. How many levels of folders can they normally recognize?

Like could I have seperate folder's for all the artists, then in there a second level of folders with all the songs of that artist?

EDIT: By the way it is a Sony CDX-F5505x

RE: Re: RE: the eagles are going to jacksonville

Okay, well now I found out some of these are not in MP3 format...they are in a "Windows Media Audio file" format instead.

Is there any way to change their format? Or all these pretty much gone worthless?

I guess I should have checked this from the begining......

There are a few programs which will convert audio formats. I use this one:

http://www.e-soft.co.uk/index.htm

It will convert WMA to MP3.

I just burned a multi level CD to try in my ZJ when I get out of work. I thought mine would only read one level but we'll see in an hour.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the help!!!!

It wouldn't be so hard, exept it was a friend of mine that burned these for me last night, and he just left for school in Mass. this morning. Some of them came out in MP3 format, and I guess some of them did not...

RE: Re: RE: another fuel tank question

By the way it is a Sony CDX-F5505x

welp... there ya go... i found the problem... The only thing sony can make are video game systems.. i don't like much of anything else they make (i'm just being biased)

i haven't made it past CDA yet, can't afford anything else. I'd love to have an mp3 player.

There are several programs out there that will convert wma to mp3...

i'll ask.. where did you get so many files in the wma format?

Snitty said:
i'll ask.. where did you get so many files in the wma format?

Oh, my friend had put them all on his computer from CD's, then when we were burning them onto disks, I guess we just accidently changed them into the wrong format. :oops: .

It's all good though. I have been using that program that Jules posted a link to and it seems to be working good...but I'm still saving the WMA format of them just to be safe.

And, it's only about 1500 songs...so it's no big deal :roll: :roll: :roll:

RE: Frankiefire

I ripped my entire collection to mp3, and actually gave away the CDs. Also got a auto mp3 player. It's absolutly the best way to go.

As to your problem, one thing that you can do (if you can't figure out how to put things in folders), is rename your files. I use this program:
http://www.fauland.com/af5.htm
It takes a few minutes to figure out, but is really powerful.

Just put the author in front of the file, or number them.

terrymason said:
Also got a auto mp3 player. It's absolutly the best way to go.

No doubt about it.

...and Snitty's right - Sony makes substandard audio equipment. To put it mildly they suck.

I used to love Sony. I had two different models in two different cars and loved them. One of them replaced an Alpine and was in everyway just as good. This was in the late 80's early 90's mind you so maybe things have changed.

The Sony unit is in the truck in my sig....You can guess why I don't want a $500 system in there. The inside is usually as muddy as the outside...

But this Sony held up in my Jeep that usually went topless in the rain, was always covered in either sand, mud, or some other substance that is not supposed to be there.

Plus, I only payed $50 for it brand new, when they were going for $250 at the time

Oh, and I already new how to make all the files and folders and all that good stuff. They were just put into the wrong format when burned from my friends computer to the CD's. Now they are on my computer in a non-MP3 format, but I am still in the process of converting them over...now that I found a program to do that with.

Hey Terry, what's an "auto MP3 player"??

Back