Mounting Jeep Tub....NEED HELP

Rick Pritchard

I am rebuilding a jeep CJ7....I have bought a YJ tub to replace the rusted out CJ7 tub. I have purchased a body mounting kit and I am not sure of the placement of the 2 large rubber washers. As well, I have to replace all the mounting bolts and I don't know what length of bolts to use.

I have moved the 2 mounting brackets that are located in front of the back wheels.

As well, I need the paint code for the white paint used on the 1989 YJs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick

I bought a universal kit for the same project and had those left over as well. Never used 'em.
As for bolt lengths, I can't tell you. Check the lengths of your old bolts and buy some extras at the hardware store at that length and longer; return the ones you don't use. That's what I did.

Thanks, that helps alot.....I looked and looked attempting to fiqure out where those 2 extra mounts might fit!

Thanks again,

Rick

Me too, believe me. I am not the kind of guy that puts stuff together and ends up with extra parts... I am pretty sure I searched around for it and even contacted the folks I bought them from. The CJ tub had some support brackets that attached under the cargo/rear seat area above the gas tank as I remember. The YJ tub didn't have those on it and didn't seem to need it. I always suspected those extra parts went with that somehow, but they didn't match what was on the old CJ tub anyway.

Back