Motorcraft 2150 report!

Tug-n-pull

The new carb came in today, However it was not the 1.08 I had ordered it was the 1.21. Took it anyway to give it a try. The Mr. Gasket 1937 adapter was the ticket and the thing bolted up real good. Not able to finish the job still need to hook up the linkage. Creative work now. I did set it up with a cable ran to the thing and it runs but is loading up. I hope I can over come this some how if not it will be a return item and reorder for the 1.08.

Any ideas on what can be done other than reorder a different one. Thanks for the reading of this and inadvance for any ideas for solving the problem. tug

is it loading up with the air cleaner off ?
Just make sure you have a large enough air cleaner.
use a vac. gauge to set the air/fuel ratio.
I know most are "preset" but good luck with that. Mike aka stinkycheeseman went with the weber, so far its ok, except up hills.

CFM rate. The 1.08 is a 4oo CFM and the 1.21 is closer to a 500 if I am not mistaken. Will take it back and swap it if the air filter does no help. tug

Sounds like your idle air mixture is off. Try adjusting it using a vacuum gauge. Lean it out until the vacuum start to drop and then open it back up 1/4 turn. That 500cfm carb is far more than you will ever need. You might consider returning it for the 400cfm model.

headers

tug, well the cj is now in my dads possesion and i got my yj back from him. think that im going to try a different carb this time. it has a weber now.is it still running good? and how much was it? i do see what you where saying about missing your yj too....its great to be back in my yj :lol:

Back