miss at idle

phbsoler

to anyone who has this problem or come across it. i have done everything to my carb the drilling out of the venturi tubes and check my air to fuel mixture but i still get a miss at a stop....but my rpms read fine....i have checked everything . i have also done the ignition upgrade also...running down the highway it runs great...but when i come to a stop .it just misses...it also does it when i set the choke in the mornings when it is cold. you can hear through the exhuast....any help would be nice.....[addsig]

Moving this to the CJ forum[addsig]

I'm having the same problem on my YJ on cold mornings. I haven't found the solution yet though. on a cold morning mine idles at 5600 rpms but in the afternoon it gets up to 1100 rpms and the missing stops.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Check your intake manifold gasket where it mounts to the head for leaks, you can use a can starter spray to do this,it spray around the intake and head area and if you here a change in the idle you are sucking air from other than the intake where it should be, be sure you don't have any spark jump from your distributor or wires if you do it will scare the hell out of you if the spray flashes.[addsig]

Back