manual transmission fluid .

CJimd84

What is the best oil weight for the transmission I use 85 and when it is cold it is very hard to get into gear until it warms up. Sometime it takes a few miles

The best for your ax15 transmission is Redline MT90, it's specially formulated to be easy on the soft brass synchronizers and it shifts very well in cold weather because its a full synthetic. It's costly but well worth it. I order mine from Summit Racing as it's often difficult to find locally.

I have always used Synchromesh by Pennzoil. It is a no sulfur oil I use for all my
manual AX-5's and AX-15's. It's the sulfur in the oils that eat at the brass
synchros in you transmission, and make it grind. 7 bucks a quart at most auto parts
stores. GM also has a very good no sulfur manual trans fluid also called synchro
mesh. 18 bucks a quart. Not saying they are the absolute best but are great
fluids for the brass synchros in the AX-5's and AX-15's. depending on whats
available, all are good choices.

Redline MT90
Synchromess - Pennzoil
Synchro Mesh - GM Dealership

The best for your ax15 transmission is Redline MT90, it's specially formulated to be easy on the soft brass synchronizers and it shifts very well in cold weather because its a full synthetic. It's costly but well worth it. I order mine from Summit Racing as it's often difficult to find locally.

I second MT90 as the best option (it will even cure hard shifting issues, depending on how bad they are to begin with), followed by Synchromesh as the second best option (not as good as MT90, though)

Hmmmmm, I've never even heard of it. If it's getting that
good of reviews from everyone on here, I'll have to try it.

You will not regret it... I bought it for the same reasons (everyone was raving about it), and will not change (even though here in Costa Rica it costs A FORTUNE).

Back