Malibu Canival

jeepco88

I went to the carnival in malibu yesterday and i had some fun. there were alot of jeepz and fun games but on the zipper some idot through up all over me :evil: i had to take 3 showers to get it out!!!!! before that i had some fun though.

Hey Jeepco,I´m originaly out of that area (been gone awhile). Born and raised in the Valley. Tarzana/Woodland hills area. Spent a lot of time wheeling around Malibu Canyon, Topanga Canyon, Desoto, Mulholland and such. Long time ago, before they shut most of those areas down. We used to have some good times in the Sapulvida Basin, playing in the L.A. river. Back in the old days. Tried many times to turn my CJ-3 into a submarine. There was a cutoff in the Simi pass (to the right) that had some good wheeling, I imagine they´ve gated it by now though. Anything that much fun has to be illegal.
Calabasis used to put on a pretty good party, once a year. Kinda a cowboy/mountain man, flavor to the whole thing.

Umm Dude, when I was a teen I puked on the Zipper too. Man was my best friend mad, LOL we still kid about it these days.

Mudderduck,they just put gates up around the place you are talkng about,it is called cuenier.Out in simi by the pass it looks like it would be some great rockcrawling to be done,ony problem is barbwire fences everywhere and no trail to follow.

If you can ever figure out a way to get up in the hills there, I guess it would be North of Simi Pass, you could often drive for days (west/east). There was a double gate (chain link, 8 feet tall) a couple of miles into the pass on the right, not far after Stony point, they´d often leave unlocked. Many of the trails were blocked by the an earthquake and they never bothered to open them again. I´ve driven those hills, all the way from Simi to 405, then some more from Tajunga canyon, to Angeles crest.
The oil field workers, used to chase us out of there, don´t know who had the most fun, us being chased or them doing the chasing. Everybody had a smile on there faces. The end of Desoto (North end) was a good access to the hills.
Many of the ranchers up there would turn a blind eye to four wheelers. Until it got to be to much of a headache,then they´d run us off for awhile. To many people would leave the gates open, leave trash around or run over the livestock.

Kanan doesn´t ring a bell, where is it at? It´s been awhile since I wheeled the hills around the valley. Names change, new spots open up and old ones close down.

Hw do u create a jeepz.com sub-site????

Are you talking about that big pile of sand, opposite Bass Rock on the coast? Driving off the end of Canan Road, might be fun, until you landed in a ship wreck. Did some fishing around there. The only wheeling I ever did, on the coast, was near Oxnard, on the beach near the power plant (5th street if I remeber right) they had No Stopping signs with a little arrow pointed towards the road. I´d often head up into the hills, around Cespi (Cespi Canyon) when I had the chance (the hot springs are good for what ails ya). Some of the canyons had some good wheeling. When I got that far, I´d usually go on up to Cachuma, the hills above Santa Barbara or drive the hills from Cachuma to Refugio, Gods country, a really nice drive.
There are some marshes near the Air Station, at Oxnard, I´d Duck Hunt in the fall.
I did surf around there some, Seal Beach and fished Capastrono. I´d sail by there sometimes, on the way to Catalina. Buddy had a boat at the Pedro Marina.
Wheeling Point Dume State Park, sounds like a good way, to get the Greenies, to organize a lynch mob. Last time I was by there, you couldn´t even walk on the sand.

Middle of Germany. The L.A. County Sherrifs, did a Rodney Allen King number on me. The judge suggested I leave town for awhile, I guess Germany was as far as I got. Long sad story, that sounds like a Johnny Cash song. But I do miss the area sometimes. Had some good times, wheeling, hunting and fishing.

Jeep chat going on NOW

Sorry to hear about that. :( Lemme know if your ever out here again. Sully

Was walking my dog on the beach near Zuma, a place called smugglers cove. The Sheriffs came in and said it was a private beach, my dog ran off and I got into an arguement with the Sheriff about leaving or going after my dog. He started pounding on me a bit and a couple of his buddies came by and decided to join in. They later charged me with attacking five county Sherrifs with my face. Fractured skull, fractured jaw, eight broken teeth and I never saw my dog again. Decided after that to go live somewhere else, had to do something, to make the slow burn go away. Funny had three purple hearts and didn´t get messed up as bad as the Sheriffs did me. Still trying to figure out who the real enemy is. L.A. county Sheriffs department had over a thousand actionable complaints last year and that´s probably only small percentage of what actually went down.

Back