making storage compartments under rear seat

ed1le

Hey guys, just got my '99 Classic. Already have my skyjacker shocks on it & when I get back from my Cruise in a couple weeks, going to order my 3" lift for it! :cool:
Here's what I'm looking do to & curious if anyone else has tried this or seen this. I want to cut the floor underneath the rear seat & extend it down about 2 inches or so & make it square (angles up now b/c of wheel well). I'm looking at doing this on both sides so I can store my amplifier under one seat & use the other as general storage for tools, etc. w/out cluttering up my jeep. I've already looked at it some & will need to relocate the p-brake cable router & a couple other things & maybe adjust the exhause down an inch or so. My buddies brother is an awesome professional welder who's going to do the work & is going to look at it in detail w/ me on Friday but just wanted to know if this has been done before. Maybe I'm onto something big!!! :-D

edited by: ed1le, Apr 02, 2003 - 05:05 PM[addsig]

I would rather raise the rear seat up a bit to allow a box under due to the water settlen in the sump you are going to create. Just a thought. tug[addsig]

id avoid cuttin the floor or anything, im kinda a conservative on mods tho, i dont really like to do anything that cant be taken off or reversed. a snorkel is the only permanent thing i see in the jeeps future, but let me know how it turns out, lord knows we need more space back there, specially with 2 12's takin up all the room.[addsig]

Back