Make my jeep more of a jeep

JeepPatriot

Well first hello hello, I just wanted to know from anyone if there is anyway to upgrade my jeep patriot to perform more like a jeep. In the sense of getting you out of those sticky situations, and feeling confident enough to have a little fun and maybe put myself in some sticky situations. It doesn't have that torque I want, like a wrangler and I am stuck with the patriot. I have the 4x4 sport with a 4cyl engine. What can be done? And what would the estimated cost be?

Welcome to the forum JeepPatriot.

I'd say just get out there and wheel it some before you worry about modifications. Plenty of Wranglers have the 4 cyl engine and do just fine. Have you had a chance to take it out yet?

A set of All Terrain tires will help wonders. Put a good set of shoes on any Jeep and you can make it most anywhere you need/want to go. Like Terry said, wheel it, and you may decide you don't want any mods. For power gains, I'd invest in one of those STP bumper stickers. A K&N one will boost air flow.

not much you can do to a patriot its also really not 4wheel drive but a all wheel drive no ground clearance and really not much as for any mods can be done cause there not available best you can do is trade it in and get a better jeep

There is a two inch lift i believe you can run a 30x9.5 inch tire to get your ground clearance better but with 4 wheel ifs theres not much travel.

Back