Lockrights

mingez

Okay, so some of you all talked me into the lockrights. Thank you for that, but now I need to know how to install them. It has directions, although not the most intuitive set of instructions.

Some did post some write ups, but for different axles, namely the D44. Mine is the 8.25 Chryco. Do I need to prepare for anything before I start to dig? I hear that it's a bit more complex because of C clips. Why? What? How?

TIA.

BTW- I know this is tech, but I posted this in Gen Chat so Wrangler and CJ owners would also see it incase they have some wisdom to empart.

Sort of and not sort of.
Drain the diff case fluid
pull the center pin bolt and pin, use the tires and rotate the spyder gears to get then out. pull the axles out about 6 inches, the take off the outer gears and thrush washers.
Time for reassembly, I am forgetting a little hear so don't print this out to install! Lube the heck out of the lockrites gears (bearing grease should work) On the non ring side I think there are these little indents, they face foward of the truck (point towards the front) and then add the little springs (I think you should have 8 all together) then push in the axle and reinstall the C clip, the ring side is the same but the the indents face back. once the two sides are in, there is a bunch of springs that need to be put in, a real skinny spring goes inside a wider shorter spring. push the other axle back in and rotate so you can push the C clip in. reinstall the pin and pin bolt. and button it up!

Back