LOCK RIGHT LOCKERS

thats the only locker they offer for my old jeep [55 willys]. ive been running one for about 1 year now, mostly do heavy rock crawling and highway. im running a 350 sbc and 33/12.50 tires. the only thing i notce is at when i let off the gas the rearend will jerk to the side, not as bad when i shift. other than that its great. if they offered a air locker for an old dana 44/10 spline rearend like mine i would buy it. but a buddy of mine with a 70 bronco and a detroit locker in the rear says his does the same thing. you just ge use to it. the original lock-rights had a problem breaking but they were bought out and havent had any problems since, infact detroit makes there own version of the lockright. put it like this, if they now made an air locker for my jeep i wouldnt swap it out.[addsig]

ok, this is what i think, ok first i dont have lockers (yet) but i would probably use OX cause they have no air-lines to crush, and thay have that cool diff cover...haha
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

lock rigths are good little lockers ,,,, keep seeing this air crap and ox stuff on this site...i would rather see it up front but a member in my club has them front and rear ... he has not hurt them and has run then damn hard ...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

the reason i was asking i have a chev pu i put one in about 6 years ago and it lasted about 2 years then it started banging real bad now the one i have in there now does it once awhile just was wondering if that is normal[addsig]

what is it in now??? dana 30 /35 / 44 ... who installed it?? was it in the front or rear..[addsig]

its in a 12 bolt chev rear i installed it and the side gear specs are with in specs i am a running 255 85 16 tires i buy 4 at a set yes the rear wears than the front and the locker is in the rear i was just wondering if this is normal or not i have put few in jeeps for guys and they love them but thats for the snow[addsig]

oh, its in a full size truck..thats alot of weight.and you installed it in the rear.

thats even more weight...i like this locker but i believe it should be in front ends only..

i dont think it has the brut strenght to hold up in the rear... if you hear a clicking or a popping it could be that one of the springs is bad.....i know the detroit cost a little more, but that is the only thing id put in my vehicles rear.but i have welded my rear end a time or two. ....good luck!! i'v seen them hold up pretty good on toyota land cruisers and they are heavy....dont know if i helped....laters
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i have five jeeps at several levels i think the air locker is the way to go in my pu and my jeeps locker can get you in trouble on the side hills[addsig]

Back