lift

85zebracherokee

Vaccum Hose Diagram and Overheats at Idle

I have a 3" suspension lift spring up front, add-a-leaf in back. I want to put coil spring spacers up front so I have 5" or 6" of lift. what all would I have to replace? Controll Arms,trac bar pitman arm this is all on a cherokee. And does anyone know where to get them cheap?

Any input is very helpfull

Well, I'd say definately control arms. My stock control arms barely fit after a 3" lift. Don't know much about spacers, I've never used them :D

-Nick :!:

I have a 4.5" lift on mine. You will need to replace the trackbar and the lower control arms. The brake lines that are on it will work, you just need to move the mounts for them so that they reach. You will need an alignment and you will need to stretch out the steering linkage (it is adjustable) to get the steering wheel back to where it is supposed to be. Spacers are okay, I have 1.5" spacers in the front and 1.5" shackles in the back. They go in pretty easy and it is straight forward to install them. I got all of my parts locally cheaper than I could on the net from www.predator4wd.com The rear end can be a bitch with the brake line but the stock will do on a 5" lift without mods. It has to be taken apart and put back together during install but on full articulation of the axle it will be fine. The vacume mounts for the front axle will pull themselves off. Look for the zip ties that hold the lines in and look to see if they are going to come off. The stock vacume control lock on the axle is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It comes off way to easy. The 4x4-posilock system is a good route to go. There are others out there but the posilock is easy to put on and the kit has everything you need in it.

Back