lift or tires?

raptor_pilot

I want to put a 3" lift with bigger tires on my '93 YJ. I can't afford both tires and the lift at the same time.What should i buy first. The lift and install it, or the tires? The tires I want are in the range of 31"-33". They won't fit on the stock suspension. What should I do?
Mike

I say Tires. Deffinently more Expensive. and Once you have those you will bleed yourself to save the money for the lift.

you can get some 31's and squeeze them in... you can also do some low budget mods to make them fit better too

Lift first cause if you get it up in the air you will look so silly that you will save for the tires. Plus if you get it up where you want it you could find a good set of used tires around if you looked. Then bam! the deal is complete. tug

Big tires are pointless unless you have the lift to use them!, Un less you cut the heck out of your sheet metal.

that is why I said Tires first. Get the Tires and they are going to have to sit in the Garage, unused, and force him to save the lesser money for the lift. Or make him looking to the SOA everyone talks about LOL

depends on what size tires you really want, and which is gonna cost more from the start. if you want 31's they fit w/ no lift but if you want bigger meats get the lift and then the tires. get the more expensive item first.

I would have to say get the lift first, you'll get some use out of it before you get the tires. If you get the tires they'll just sit and collect dust.

buy some 35's first... and get some extended axles, so the wheels sit completely outside the jeep

Ahahaha . . . accually i've seen some street racing trucks around where the tires sit completly outside of the body. Looks horrid, i dont recommend doing it.

well... if you go with wider axles, it would be no worse for the bearings than if they were under the jeep

Yes,if you had wider axles it would be fine.But if you put spacers,it is not good for the bearings.I see alot of fords with spacers,they look ugly.

Lift first, then tires. Bigger tires, depending on the size will cause problems without the lift. Your Jeep will look a little funny lifted with itty bitty tires, but if you can deal with that, it'll be a better way to go.

Back