Leaking Rearend

ManicJeeper

No I don't need a trip to the Proctologist ;)

I just got done with a decent little trip to the new housing development that I like to visit to check out lots - yeah that's it - check out lots - not offroad- just check out lots that aren't remotely developed yet - but that i might want to purchase later - but until then - I'll just run around in the mud...

Anyways - got back from the fun - mud's dired and look at my rear blessed little shamefully weak Dana35 and there are some spots where the mud is damp - blackish - and it's not water - it's around the top of the housing and it's dripped down some around the filler/check hole - I've never seen any drips in the driveway from this - and I was wondering if it's something I should be massively concerned about.

I am going to verify the fluid level of course - but aside from that and a possible top off- what do you guru's recommend I do about this - re-rtv the pumpkin?

Thanks![addsig]

take the diff cover off and clean her out real good...replace fuild with a quailty gear oil. does your pumpkin get hot after long outings?[addsig]

The differentials get contaminated easily when in mud and water, so it's a good idea to drain it, clean, and refill. Then check for any leaks. Doubt you'll have any, and I wouldn't be concerned unless it actually drips on the ground.[addsig]

it is very common... nothing to worry about... it is a fluid, and can get through seals... its bound to happen, especially when dirt and stuff gets around there.... i'm even dripping, i'm not concerned about it... i just make sure i clean it regularly[addsig]

Now when it quites leaking is the time to start worrying! hehehehe Tug[addsig]

Back