last nights jeepin

Jeepster05

it was pretty cool because the mud was frozen along with the creek beds. my jeep wooped the trails ass. i was with a guy in a 88 4runner, he tried this crazy hill climb. the guy got out of the rut and got sideways almost flipped. he wanted me to yank him but i didn't wanna risk gettin pulled down the hill with him since my YJ weighs as much as a lawn mower. eventually a chevy came out and helped. the 4 runner was messed up after that because he blew the clutch. he should have gotten a jeep!! [addsig]

Went jeepen last night also, Went back into the woods with a GMC Sonoma, a Diesel Dodge ram, my xj and about 12 screamin friends. It is all frozen here and not much fun at all. Spent more time bouncin heads off the celling from all the ruts. The highlight of then night was coming to a frozen pond and playin chicken by going across it. (i knew it wasn't more then like 4 feet deep, it was my old swimin/ fishin hole). The GMC won the bet because he actually went and was doing donuts in the middle. Me and went out a couple of times and was really paranoid. Something about 30 degree water that was 4 feet deep tha really didn't tickle my fancy. The dodge ram got last as he is the designated "jeep recovery vehicle" of the bunch. Lets just say that the ice didn't like his weight at all. He didn't fall thru just cracked a bunch. It just snowed hear, so we had about 2 inches of snow so i actually need 4wd to get out of the ruts. If there wasn't any snow i don't think that I would even need it. For the most part, winter is not avery fun time.

later[addsig]

I hear you pinaplebob- i have gone 4wheelin with a variety of vehicles, but Jeeps are the best to go with since they weigh the same as you. I tried to pull a K1500 up a hilll that was covered in about 5" of mud and snow combination and the Jeep would just spin. It is hard pulling something that weighs about twice as much as you UP a hill. We eventually got him out, but it took some doing. I wish everyone had a Jeep, me and the other Jeep spent the whole night pulling out the Chevy's and the Toyota's..... Gotta love it!!![addsig]

sounds like fun but I dont have anyone to go with! lol
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back