Last Chance trail report

Sully

Planning on running thr rubicon next week. Just had to get at least one of the jeeps out to last chance for a shakedown. Just making sure everything works how it should and what we are forgeting to bring. Our day started at 6am in camarillo,Ca. We packed all our junk into the back of my dad's TJ(tools,cooler,gas can, air tank, spare parts, jumper cables and rigging).
We left my place at 7 am and met up with our friends in mojavi. Sat around the biggest table at denny's and chatted it up while eating breakfast. Kicked each others tires, aired down and disconnected and we were off.
IMG_8848-3.jpg

In our group we had an XJ, 4 TJ's, and a CJ7. The smallest rig among us was a nearly stock TJ on 31's.
IMG_8853-3.jpg

Now the cool thing about this trail is the legendary V-notch. Some of us just had to try it. My dad was leading the group for today and he was first to try.
IMG_8860-3.jpg

IMG_8861-3.jpg

My dad made it through without any damage or getting hung up.
Next was Rick in his big bad CJ7.
IMG_8866-3.jpg

IMG_8868-3.jpg

Rick didnt have the best luck. He wasnt high enough on the rock on the left side of his jeep. He backed up to far and fell into the jeep eating hole.
IMG_8884-3.jpg

IMG_8889-3.jpg

Hooked the winch up to my dad and with little spurts he pulled himself free and finished the v-notch under his own power.
IMG_8878-3.jpg

Rick is happy to be free off the jaws of the v-notch.
IMG_8891-3.jpg

Chucky in his XJ just crawled right up this hill.
IMG_8896-3.jpg

Rich and his TJ give it a whirl.
IMG_8898-3.jpg

Tons of scenery made it a great place to snap pictures. There are old mines scattered throughout these old hills.
Ryan on a hill.
IMG_8906-3.jpg

Scenery
IMG_8908-3.jpg

Rich on a steep neverending hill.
IMG_8924-3.jpg

At the top of the mountain you could look out over mojavi. Here is a shot from the top of the mountain.
IMG_8927-3.jpg

All I can say about this run was IT WAS A HOT ONE! The lowest temperature of the day was 65 in camarillo and the highest out in mojavi was 104! Next time we are bringing lots more water and more sun screen!
Happy 4th everyone!

lift kits???

Awesome report man, I always look forward to seeing what you guys are up to down there is so cal. Are you taking your rig on the rubicon?

Yes I am taking my CJ to the rubicon. Couldnt take it out today because its being serviced before the big trip.

Back