Ladies and Gentelmen I give you Tugly

Tug-n-pull

Dubed Tugly for she is the Tugs Ugly Jeep. She is going to be my project Jeep building up from the bottom of the barrel to a Trail Worthy Jeep. Far as I can tell she is bone stock with a funky ol top from parts unknown but she has a good frame a motor that runs and 4x4 does work. I bought her dirt cheep and she is a mess so I plan to document the restoration and building up of the ol girl. Wish me luck and here goes nothing. Tug

If you want to check her out go to
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289511189

Good choice tug,down with the round!I cant wait to see her when you done with her.Wahoo,Tug owns a CJ7!!!Wahoo!!!

hey Tug...Looks GREAT...has to much potential. I thought I'd move some of the pics here...hope you don't mind, but now everyone can enjoy her .

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

By the way Tug...welcome to Roundy world !!!!!!!!!!

Rob 8) :p :)

woooo Tug my man... thats sure one funny looking TJ... never seen one quiet like that one....welcome to the new round world of Jeeps

yeah im finally upgradin!!!! 91 XJ

that looks like a machine with some good potential... what do you plan on doing for upgrades? How much did she run you? When is this all starting?

is that 197? 3 or 4 speed....welcome to the good jeeps tug :)

First things first I guess! Get the motor transmission and transfer all checked out and in good repair just what ever it needs. All the Fluids changed out and lubed up real good. Sprayed two cans of gunk engin cleaner on it today and took it to the car wash to get it ready for hands on first of the week. Then track down all the wires and vacuum lines to see what needs to go where and so on.

Paint is a real question right now. Momma Tug and I are thinking Camo but Cow and Zebra are not out of the picture yet. heheheh The top is very unusual it has lift off side panels that you can not see in the pics as of yet and wild one piece doors that have a chain drive window crank system like nothing I have ever seen before. I cant start to think where the top came from.

From My sweet ol jeezabell to this Tugly is going to take some serious getting use to. I had her set up just right but I sold her bought the jeep and a surburban and still have cash to work with. I got a good price for her I think and only gave 1300.00 bucks for Tugly.

I think my rear axel is a AMC 20 big ol punkin. That will be the ford 9" and what ever came under the early 70's broncos for the front 44 I think. 4" lift or so will be about what I will go with and would like to run 33"s I think.

There is much rust on the front fenders but the tub seems pretty sound. So the front fenders will go and may just fab up some flat fenders for it of some sort not sure. Bumpers front and rear and a the way the top is set up I am thinking it will be a year around thing sence I can take off the sides and doors.

If I can get tuxedopark to help me out with his tubeing bender and skills I can see a full cage roll system in the future. Not much in the way of plushness or confort in view at least any time soon. This will be a trail jeep just road leagle enough to get to the local trails. Any distance on the roads will be on a trailer behinde the Surburban.

None of this is set in stone or anything but that is where my head is at for now. I also found a 304 with all the running gears out of a 72 comando that I can pick up pretty reasonable. so that to is in the back of my mind. Either way this will be an adventure, and I can take my time cause it will not be a daily drive and I can skin it up real good and not worry to much. Ratle can camo is ez to patch up hehehehehe. tug

all those vaccume lines are for the pos carb.... get a weber or motorcraft soon....

79 4 speed with a granny low! does that make any sence as I am a square head light man up till now so any info will be great I am just learning what I have here. tug

Tug, dump that top and she will be much cooler, for a start. 8) 8) 8)

since its carbed... a good idea is to put in an electric fuel pump with a manual switch, when you are on those inclines, it is a lot more convenient than putting the gas in by hand

carb?? ouch... that will stink on the inclines.....

Loose the top yo have to be kidding! hehehehehehe it is the uglyest part of the ol gal. Elec. Fule pump is a good idea and will most likely go that route as carbs will be new to me I will be akin a bunch of questions. Jeez was TBI and never had a problem in her. But before I do to much to the I6 I have a line on a good strong 304 that I may get for it. The changes will not come to fast but they will come. I discovered a bent drivers side leaf spring so a lift will be needed pretty quick. Keeping the body a bit rough till I can get some front fenders on her. Would love to go with a flat style fender on the front any ideas there. Tug

:lol: Should have waited for a TJ ! one ride in Rob's jeep and you didnt learn Tug...disapointed there...Well since we cant talk sence into I guess we are all stuck helping you built up "Tug-B**t-ugly" there...ok my two cents worth here ...ditch the top and throw a rag on it...nother says Jeep than a half top.

Sure is a beauty tug! A long shopping list of mods would be no problem for that fine american mchine!!

Good luck and if you need a wrench I am only located in Massachusetts! HEHE

Johnny

Back