Just acquired my first Jeep

jafred3

Hey guys and gals. I recently acquired a Jeep Wagoneer. I have no idea what year it is or its history. I believe it is around 1974-1978 model(it has ashtrays on the back of the front seat). It was abandoned on the hunting property that I manage. I am trying to learn as much as I can before I start breaking it down. It has PTO gear. The engine is a 318, I think. Everything appears to be original. It hasn't been registered or street legal since the early 90's. It is strictly a property vehicle.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Thanks Terry. It worked. It is a 1976 with a 360. Everything that I have looked at on it appears to be original. It's a little beat up, has a couple of broken springs, a Demon carb without a gasket between the carb and intake, a couple flat tires but it is now mine. Can't wait to get started breaking it down and bringing it back to life.

20140104_112117.jpg

Hi jafred3,

Your wagoner came with 30 spline dana 44 axles front and rear, which are the best axles jeep EVER used. If its a stick shift, the trans is probably a t18 4spd, but could be something else. If its a auto trans it should be the GM400, both trans are the toughest jeep ever used. Your tcase should be dana20 or if auto, quadra trac tcase. quadra trac doesn't have the best rep. good luck with your build

for got to mention, if you want to verify you engine displacement, look on the side of the engine block somewhere around or below the engine mounts and the displacement will be stamped into the side of the block, you will see... 304, 360,or 401

Congrats ! Welcome to JEEPZ.com ! Wagoneers , Cherokees and j-10's are always welcome ! Getting misty thinking about the old '78 cherokee 360 cid 2bbl t-18a dana 20 and dana 44's I once owned. Deeply regret selling it , deeply miss it. Great truck , never let me down. Always got me home. Make us proud , make that beast the show piece / icon when jeep was king ! Blessed are you to find a worthy example for restoration ! I see a build thread in your future !

Back